14

I smiled even though I thought I was going to cry. I knew we should've been distancing more, getting used to this. But we didn't.

"I'm Otto, nice to meet you," a curly haired boy said, smiling widely and waving.

"I love your hair."

"Thanks! I do too."

I laughed and turned to the last member of the band, presumably Geoff from Awsten's description.

"I'm Geoff and uh," he brought his voice to a low tone, "Awsten talks about you all the time."

I giggled and nodded.

"He talks about you all the time too."

He laughed and shook his head. I looked at Awsten as he pulled his bag up over his shoulder, furrowing his eyebrows looking deep in thought.

"What's goin' on in your head?" I said, walking over to him so we were away from everyone else.

"Just seeing if I'm forgetting anything. I don't think I am. Or, I guess, I better not be."

I laughed weakly as he put his bag down and he pulled me into a hug.

"I know this is gonna suck for a while, I've been here every day since we met. I was here any time you needed me. But think of it this way, I'll still be there to talk to, which is mainly what we do when we hang out anyway, right?"

I nodded. He pulled away from the hug, still looking at me.

"Okay, see, it's not so bad. I'll be gone until December. That's only 3 months, right?"

I nodded and looked down at my hands.

"We'll talk every day, okay Abby?"

We'll talk, but you won't be there in person to hug or to hold me when I'm sad or when we're watching a horror movie together, I thought.

"Okay."

"Good. You'll come and see us when we play here, right?"

"Of course," I forced a smile, feeling a lump form in my throat.

He put his hands on the sides of my face and kissed me, and I fought every urge I had telling me to cry. When he pulled away, he smiled and walked over to where the boys were.

"Well, everyone else has introduced themselves, I guess it's my turn," a red head said, walking up to me, "I'm Jawn. I'm the bands friend and photographer."

"Nice to meet you Jawn," I smiled, shaking his hand, "how long have you know them?"

"Well, Awsten and I were in a band together at 17 if that counts for anything."

"Holy shit really?"

"Yep. It was a magical little band called 'The Blue Poptarts'. Awsten came up with that one."

I laughed a bit too loud, getting Awsten's attention.

"What's going on?"

"Blue Poptarts?" I asked him, still laughing.

His face turned red and he hit Jawn.

"Oh come on man, she was gonna find out eventually."

He grinned at me and flipped off Jawn.

"Okay guys, I'm thinkin' it's time to head out."

Jawn waved at me and walked away, leaving Awsten and I alone again. I turned to him and he smiled sadly.

"I'm gonna miss you."

I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him closer so I could hug him.