03

𝗔𝗡𝗢𝗧𝗛𝗘𝗥 𝗪𝗜𝗦𝗛

𝗔𝗡𝗢𝗧𝗛𝗘𝗥 𝗪𝗜𝗦𝗛

!! tw: suicide !!

It was an impulse, really.

Whether it was the way [Y/N] was now falling down from her balcony, or how she was heading towards the ground at a speed she had never felt in her life, it felt as if it was all meant to be; like it was the destiny fate had chosen for her. Oddly enough, the girl was... excited. Adrenaline wasn't an emotion that [Y/N] had the privilege to experience, and now that she got the chance to feel it in such an emotional state, she felt elated. From months of becoming emotionally numb, feeling at least something (whether it'd be physical or mental) was like a blessing to her.

(Yet, confusingly enough, the girl never resorted to self-harm; it made her feel like she was seeking attention and pity from others. Instead, to cope with her pain, when [Y/N] entered the academy, the usual bubbly facade she had fell, and she lost her highschool friends who still bothered to keep contact in turn. The girl didn't mind, however. [Y/N] didn't like depending on her friends; if it was her battle to fight, then she would do it alone.)

In a way, [Y/N] felt like the bird she saw that flew past her balcony that full moon night. Flying through the air, free as one can ever be. Was it a sign? An omen? A curse, even?

Her hair framed her face messily, the wind occasionally slapping the strands into her eyes. Though she was cascading down quite quickly, she didn't fail to notice a shooting star fly past her, the bright full moon making it seem duller than it usually would appear. She smiled. An epiphany striked her. Closing her eyes, [Y/N] made a wish. I wish to be born in a better life. A life that I can enjoy. A life that I can never relate with. An impassive scoff escaped her, though it was barely audible due to the speeds of the wind that seemed to envelop her in an embrace. Maybe a life in an anime wouldn't be half as bad.

Her body hit the ground.

《∘◦☹◦∘》

[Y/N] shot up into a sitting position, gasping for air as sweat pooled at the base of her neck, staining the soft material under her temporarily. She glanced around, taking in her surroundings. [Y/N]'s eyebrows furrowed as she realized where she was. The stark white walls, the IV drip connected to her, and the stale smell of medicine, it all made sense. A hospital...?