08

𝗥𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗟𝗔𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡𝗦 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗧𝗥𝗨𝗧𝗛𝗦

"You know something that I don't. Or am I wrong?" He took a few threatening steps towards [Y/N] as she wasn't responding as quick as Mori would've liked her to. He hummed, proceeding to advance even closer to the girl, successfully pressing into her personal space. "So?" Mori questioned, his slender figure leaning over hers, mockingly curious red orbs peering into her's.

She cleared her throat, shaking her head rapidly as she cowered beneath the Port Mafia's boss' harsh glare. "O-of course not, sir," she silently cursed at herself for stuttering, "I would never even think of keeping a secret that would harm the Mafia in a negative way."

Though he didn't seem to trust the girl's words completely, he backed away from [Y/N], making her release a subtle exhale of the breath she didn't even know she was holding. She watched the older male silently as he turned around and approached his desk. Hopping onto the polished top of the mahogany desk, he gave her a leery smile, though, it didn't seem sincere, as his eyes were derisively kind. "Tachihara-chan," her surname dripped like venom from his lips, "I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for now. But if I find out that whatever little secret your hiding could be a possible factor in the Mafia's downfall, the consequences won't be light."

She bowed her head, speaking quickly, "I understand; I will not take your multiple acts of mercy for granted. By taking me into the mafia, you have given me a chance to die for a cause. And for that, I am very thankful, so I would never even think of hurting the Mafia in any way, shape, or form."

A sharp silence hung between them. [Y/N] chewed at the inside of her cheek, anxiously awaiting her boss' response, her head still hanging down as she glanced at the worn tips of her leather dress shoes. However, the male seemed to have completely ignored her statement as he spoke up, "I have another favor to ask you, if you don't mind."

Though she was a bit confused at the sudden change of subject, she looked back up and replied, "Of course; I don't mind." A grave look fell upon his pale features. [Y/N] visibly stiffened, tensely awaiting her boss' presumably important favor.

"Can you please find Elise-chan for me? She ran away after I forced her to wear a certain dress and..." Mori continued to sob. [Y/N] raised a brow subtly, her feet tapping against the polished tiles distastefully.

However, [Y/N] only nodded silently, the corner of her mouth twitching up into a forced grin (one that made her look constipated more than anything). "Of course, boss."

《∘◦☹◦∘》