02

𝐘𝐀𝐇𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐎𝐕 𝐀𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐈

𝐘𝐀𝐇𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐎𝐕 𝐀𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐈

-> im back ;D

[Y/N] sighed, rubbing her temples as she sent Andrei a weary glance. "What now?" she questioned simply.

"Well, you see..." he paused to twiddle with his fingers, chewing at his bottom lip softly. After hearing the girl across from him snapped out a short yet harsh command to 'spit it out,' he continued,  "You know how Yukimura-san can be very, uh," his tongue peeked out to moisten his lips slightly, something [Y/N] noted to be a nervous habit of his, "persuasive with his words?"

She scoffed incredulously, giving the boy a knowing look before rolling her eyes, "He's not 'persuasive', you're just extremely gullible."

Andrei spluttered, "I- W-well, I won't deny it, b-but that's completely besides the point! What I'm trying to say is that-"

[Y/N] interrupted him with a harsh undertone in her voice, "Yukimura-senpai asked you to retrieve evidence for his trial again, didn't he?" The Russian male nodded silently, a small look of guilt on his face, his golden orbs sheepishly peeking through pale lashes as he looked down at the moldy table and back at [Y/N] again. The crude girl in front of him couldn't help but be amused by the fact that he looked like a scolded puppy. 

Shaking the thought (and blush) away as her stoic facade returned, she continued, "And you still accepted his request knowing damn well that this is a job for a detective agency and not us?"

"You know why they do that-"

[Y/N] slammed her fist on the rickety table, abruptly interrupting Andrei as he stared at her with a pursed look. "Of course I fucking know why; believe me, I understand! What I don't understand is the fact that a large law firm like them can't even bare to spend a couple thousand dollars to hire fucking professionals and instead risk the lives of their own interns' and leech us off of free labor!"

Her patience was running thin by the minute. 

She jabbed her pointer finger in Andrei's chest, her unfiled nail prodding into his skin through the fabric of his shirt. "You can't just let your superiors push you around like this! I've told you a thousand times! When will you ever listen?" With each sentence, the volume of her voice increased till the point where Andrei was cowering in his chair, his form shrinking as if he was trying to morph into the wooden furniture. Taking a deep breath as an attempt to level her temper, [Y/N] let out a sigh that was equally as heavy as the tension between them. Her hand reached across the table to embrace his idle hand in her's. "Andrei," [Y/N] began gently, as if she were consoling a child, "we're supposed to be lawyers in the future. If we can't even fight for our own justice, then how do you expect us to fight for other's?" The man stayed silent, his cheeks flaming. [Y/N] wasn't sure if the male was flushed with rage or shame, but knowing his personality, it was probably shame.