Visit Thirteen

I miss you love topsoo7
————

Visit Thirteen:

Reason: Check up

Symptoms: None

Time in: 10:00 am January 17th, 2015

Jennie wished that she had not tried to become friends with Jisoo, or anything really. Maybe they should have stayed rivals, or whatever. Because of course Jennie was going to end up liking the hottest person on probably like, the planet, if they became friends. It was inevitable.

Worse than liking Jisoo was Chaeyoung's reaction to Jennie liking Jisoo. Not that Jennie meant for her to ever find out in a billion years. It just kind of happened because Jennie had left her laptop opened with the google search: can I date my doctor.

Chaeyoung hadn't had a hard time putting two and two together. And with Chaeyoung knowing there was a new pressure on her, this feeling that she had to do something. Chaeyoung wouldn't say anything explicitly, but she had this way of hinting at things constantly. This look she could give at any time.

But Jennie couldn't actually say anything to Jisoo. Her doctor. She barely knew Jisoo afterall so the whole thing was just, ugh. Jennie groaned, tapping her foot against the floor of the office.

Why. Why why why why whhhhhhyyyyy WHY -

"Jennie?"

Jennie snapped her head up to look up stupid Jisoo with her stupid, great face. Jennie should say something witty, sassy even. Jennie realized she was smiling. There went that plan. "Hi."

Jisoo glanced down at her own shoes, then back up. She had the chart in her hand, but something else as well. Jennie arched up so she could see a little better but then Jisoo jerked away. What the hell?

"How was your christmas?" she asked, her voice a little flimsy, shakey.

Jennie stood up, wondering what Jisoo was now hiding behind her back. "Uh...good." She went to see the family while Chaeyoung and Lisa took some weekend trip to a bed and breakfast like annoying couples tend to do. "What about--"

Before Jennie could finish Jisoo shoved something into her hands, a CD. A CD in a clear, thin cover. Jennie looked at it. "Is this a mixed CD?" she asked, touched and a little light headed, but also curious as to whether they were in the 90's or not.

"It's just something I recorded. Piano tracks. I play every day and you gave me that CD of yours once, so I thought it would help for you to know at least a few classics, and--"

Jennie hugged Jisoo before she could say anything else, her arms wrapped around tight, hands clasped in the middle of Jisoo's back. She didn't mean to do that, didn't mean to get this close. Her heart was pounding, the kind of pounding she got before live shows, that nervous thump that made the blood rush to Jennie's head.

Jisoo stayed stiff at first before dropping her shoulders and awkwardly hugging back with only one arm. She rested her chin against Jennie's shoulder, fell into her shorter frame.

And for a moment Jennie thought she could have stayed there forever. With Jisoo who smelt like disinfectant but was also so warm, and kinder than she let on. The feeling of never wanting to let go was what made Jennie drop her hold and take a step back, though. Because in reality, it couldn't happen. She had a tour in a little over a month, Jisoo was her doctor - and it just couldn't happen. Couldn't happen.

"Thank you," Jennie said, "I didn't even know you played." The thought of Jisoo's fingers drifting lightly over keys was soothing, a warm image.

Jisoo nodded. "Merry Christmas, again."

"Happy new year," Jennie said back. They were still just a little too close, Jennie could feel Jisoo's breath, body heat. This was not good. Also, was Jisoo leaning in? Jennie thought she was leaning in. She was totally leaning in.

Jennie looked at her lips, mostly because she was shorter. Not expecting anything even though Jisoo was definitely leaning in. Or maybe Jennie was leaning in, or maybe they were both leaning in. It didn't matter because suddenly the only thing Jennie wanted was Jisoo's light-shaded lip gloss blended in with hers.

And then, Jisoo didn't move back so much as she fucking jumped back as if compelled by a higher power. Jisoo cleared her throat, wiped her hands on her pants. "Table?" she asked.

Jennie looked at the examination table and then back at Jisoo. Her head was spinning, but she could always blame that on the anemia. It was the anemia's fault she was in the position in the first place, and that she liked Jisoo so much, and that Jisoo was so hot, and that all of the blood was rushing to the surface of her skin, and that - in general - she was fucked.