Visit Twenty-Three

Visit Twenty-three:

Reason: Check up, X-rays

Symptoms: leg fracture, fatigue

Time in: 4:00 pm March 23rd, 2016

Jennie was angry. Very angry because she was being pointedly mad at Jisoo, and Jisoo wasn't saying anything. She may be some brilliant doctor graduate, or whatever, but the girl couldn't read emotions. For instance, when Jennie had been angry last week, Jisoo just brushed it off. But not today. Oh. She was gonna know that Jennie was angry, even if it took every cell in Jennie's body.

It took Jennie a while to get to anger. First she had to overcome confusion, and then sadness at kinda of being rejected, and then confusion again because Jisoo was definitely kissing her back. So she wasn't rejected? Or was she? Jennie didn't know, and that's how it turned into anger.

And the fact that Jisoo clearly didn't want the kiss brought up pissed Jennie off even more. Because that was a good kiss . At least from what Jennie remembered. Maybe the best kiss she'd ever had? Her head went fuzzy, her toes curled, her stomach had butterflies. It was like those kisses you see in romance movies. Except instead of romance, Jennie was on an examination table after having a panic attack.

Jisoo was still ignoring her to the point of not even looking Jennie in the eye. She kept biting her lip, twirling her hair; doing things that Jennie would normally find cute, but in that moment they just made Jennie want to scream.

"You're healing well," Jisoo said, still looking at those damn x-rays.

" You're healing well ," Jennie mocked, out loud. Her eyes widened. She had not meant to do that, it was a thing that was supposed to stay in her head. A head thing, if you will. Jisoo turned around to face her, mouth scrunched up and eyebrows pushed together.

"Are you, uh, okay?" she asked, setting the x-rays down and looking up at her. Finally.

Jennie sighed, bit the inside of her cheek. "I guess," she said, and then shook her head because she wasn't okay. Angry! She was angry! She grabbed the crutches propped next to her on the hospital examination table. "Actually, no. I'm not."

" Er...?"

Jennie was going to throw something at her. "Are you really just going to ignore--" Jennie made a weird humming noise and frantically gestured between the two of them, breathing out in relief when Jisoo had the decency to at least look like she knew what Jennie was talking about instead of giving her that stupid, adorable confused face.

"Jennie, I--"

Jennie wobbled a little as she stood, pressing her weight against the crutches. "No, you could have said something last week, or even twenty minutes ago, five minutes ago. I'm gonna talk." She was already starting to feel a little out of breath. "You could have stopped me, or not kissed me back or pushed me away, but you didn't. You could have explained last week what the hell just happened, but you didn't. You could have realized I've been visibly annoyed and commented on it - but you didn't."

She stepped closer to Jisoo, only feeling a little embarrassed that the move wasn't as powerful as she wanted it to be because of the crutches below her arms. "What you did," she said, pointing at Jisoo's chest, "was kiss me back. And then you just left and then you completely ignored it. What the hell am I supposed to make of that?"

Jisoo's throat bobbed as she swallowed in and looked at the floor. " Look at me ." Her head popped back up, cheeks beet red. "You've been avoiding eye contact ever since that . I'm tired of it. And I'm confused because you just left after I did something that I wanted to do for over a year. "

At that Jisoo's expression changed, her lips parted and pupils widened. She looked slightly less ashamed than before and more confused. Jennie moved in closer so that their bodies were nearly touching, looked up some more. Jisoo's eyes went to Jennie's lips, then dragged back up slowly. And maybe getting that close was a mistake because Jennie could smell the mint on Jisoo's breath, see every tiny detail of her face, pull her eyes down to look at pink lips.

Jennie opened her mouth out of reflex, able to hear her tongue separating from the roof of her mouth, Jisoo's slow breaths, the slow tick of the clock. Just an inch, she thought, looking at Jisoo's lips again. But... no.

"If you want me," she said, able to hear the slight crack in her voice, "just fucking say so. Otherwise, don't waste my time."

With that she clumsily turned around and walked out, wincing at the screech her crutches made against the floor. She hoped it still had the same dramatic effect she was going for because her heart was pounding super loud. She felt like she was going to vomit.

There was also the small lie about Jennie and her time being wasting when in reality, Jisoo could never waste her time because as far as Jennie was concerned she was more important than time.

But, details.