Visit Twenty-Four

This story has been revised and edited already 

enjoy
————

Visit Twenty-four:

Reason: Check up, B12 shot

Symptoms: leg fracture

Time in: 3:00 pm April 1st, 2016

Jisoo had been happy. It wasn't a word she'd used to describe her life much; not that she'd been discontent, but happy was something reserved for holidays, achievements, maybe milestones. But now it was just a state of being.

Happy.

Happy and confused and nervous and so unsure for the first time in her life. Like she was plotting to jump off a cliff that may or may not have water.

The past two weeks she'd been thinking so much. This obstacle that she made up, this reason why being with Jennie was a bad idea - or not even a bad idea, just new. Different. Jisoo had never been the sort of person to just jump into things, everything she'd done since middle school had been well thought out ahead of time.

With Jennie you couldn't do that because Jennie wasn't patient, and Jennie could be so completely bare and honest with her feelings. As if it was something she couldn't control, like it was just natural. Jisoo found it admirable, but mostly it just scared the hell out of her.

So she'd been thinking about what to do, wondering if she could bide time - and then Jennie had pressed her body so very very close, and Jisoo realized how badly she wanted to be kissed. And that particular thought never actually left her mind.

That's when it became clear for Jisoo. Well, clear in the way that nothing with Jennie would really ever be clear, at least not right away.

Jennie walked in, her crutches carrying the majority of her weight. Jisoo thought that within the next few weeks the cast could come off. Jennie was already moving pretty fast, and the general fatigue seemed to be dying down.

Jisoo hoped her blood work would come back with some improvement soon; though judging from the last time she checked it, she'd have to wait a little bit longer to see actual results.

Jennie huffed, plopping herself down on the exam table. "Listen. Sorry about all that stuff last week," she started, only to be cut off by Jisoo softly calling her name.

"Please, just let me get this over with, okay," she said anyways, ignoring the interruption. "I probably shouldn't have done that, or kissed you. I--"

"Jennie," Jisoo said, this time a little louder.

"Let me talk!" she slapped her hands against the table in a toddler-like fashion, making Jisoo roll her eyes. "I know it was inappropriate--"

Jisoo sighed, walked up to Jennie and purposely dropped her chart on the table next to Jennie's hand. And then, with only slight hesitation, she grabbed Jennie's face with both of her hands and kissed her. Nothing long, though the feeling of Jennie gasping against her, warm, damp breath brushing over Jisoo's lips, made her almost forget her main point in kissing Jennie.

"I know you're not used to being told to shut up. But shut up," Jisoo said pulling away. She let her hands slowly slide down to hold Jennie's jaw, wondering if maybe this was too much because Jennie looked like she'd seen a ghost. "First: you're going to need to find a new doctor."

"You see!" Jennie exclaimed, "you kiss me and then you--" Jisoo kissed her again, this time a little longer.

A lot longer.

Jennie brought her hand up to twine with her hair, already pushing her body forward. Jisoo could feel both of their heart beats, both charged with the same quick thump thump thump. And that word came back into her head, happy. Her pulse rushed, her blood raised to the surface of her skin, her head went whoosh .

It was all just, right.

The way Jennie's mouth molded against her own; the way pink, sticky gloss that wasn't Jisoo's mixed with her chapstick. The heat of her breath caressing Jisoo's tongue and cheek.

Jisoo moved forward, nestling in between Jennie's legs so that she could be pressed flush against her. And Jennie's hands went from her hair to shoulders to lower back to butt, causing Jisoo to give a small squeak in surprise.

Jennie ran her tongue against Jisoo's lower lip before curling it around Jisoo's. And suddenly it was too hot, the room, Jisoo's body, Jennie's...

She craned her neck forward, kissed Jennie's bottom lip, top lip, the tip of her tongue, corner of her mouth. And Jisoo couldn't believe that she felt she actually had to think about this.

She wanted Jennie and Jennie wanted her and Jisoo was happy.

Jennie breathed in and pushed Jisoo away. Her lips now turned into a scowl, opposite of the dopey grin Jisoo felt blooming across her face. "See! You just kiss me like that, and nearly jump me on the table right after telling me you're dropping me as a patient."

She wanted pushy, annoying, adorable, amazing Jennie.

Jisoo kissed the corner of her mouth, and almost laughed at the breathy sigh Jennie gave.

"Doctors aren't allowed to date their patients."

Jennie's mouth dropped open, her throat bobbing as she swallowed. "You want to date...me?" the last part came out as a barely audible squeak.

Her heart still drummed, her hands were still sweaty and Jisoo was sure her face was completely red; in short, she was a mess. Jisoo cleared her throat, nodded. "I mean, I just - not if you wouldn't want to. I don't know. I don't know how this works but I..." the word caught in her throat, love. Another new concept that Jisoo didn't quite grasp outside of family and certain abstract ideas.

Jennie leaned forward and kissed her. A short, chaste kiss. She let her forehead rest against Jisoo's and nodded, her hands coming up to hold Jisoo's cheeks. She rubbed tiny circles against her skin and Jisoo tried not to lean into it, but ultimately failed.

"Yes," she said before kissing Jisoo again. "Just wish you would have said something sooner, idiot." Jennie laughed, then sniffed in. Jisoo looked up to see red rimmed eyes along with a full smile.

"You're crying."

"So are you," Jennie said with a small roll of her eyes.

Jisoo blinked. Oh. She felt a trickle of water run down her cheek. And then Jisoo laughed, leaning forward and bringing Jennie back a little. "You know, we still have an appointment. I'm still your doctor." She pulled away, went to the cabinet to get some tissues.

"Is this your subtle way of telling me to drop my pants?" Jennie asked, taking the tissue offered by Jisoo.

The corner of Jisoo's mouth twisted up. "Actually, yes."

Jennie chuckled from behind her. "Fine. Jennie will allow this for one last time, but the next time it's going to cost Jisoo at least two dinners."