Chapter Eight

Getting through the camp was easy, and her weapons weren't even left guarded.

The limp around the cell had been for show. Now, she knew who the leader was.

And how many poorly trained guards there were, how many people, and how terrible the security was.

Since it was Lexa who had given her this assignment, she returned to Polis first. It was a long trip. Her stitches completely healed on the way.

"Azripa," she ignored the whispers, "Sonchakripa."

Snow growled at those in her way like an animal. Like clockwork, they all moved without hesitation.

"Azkwin," Lexa said, referring to her by title. Ice princess, "You've returned. Do you bring news?"

"Most of the children are missing. Part of the forest was burned, likely their doing. More have arrived," Snow informed the commander, "Tristan is dead, Anya is missing. The Trikru army is broken."

Lexa sighed, "Skaikru may not be strong in numbers, but they're smart. We must either destroy them or ally with them."

Snow didn't mind which, unless they mentioned Frost again.

"Return to Trikru, continue your training with Indra," Lexa said stiffly, "Help them rebuild if you can. Follow Indra's orders as if they are my own. Don't question, don't hesitate. Hodnes laik kwelnes."

Love is weakness.

"Hodnes laik kwelnes," Snow repeated, "I will return immediately."

Lexa nodded, and motioned for the guards to open the door.

That night, she arrived back in Trikru territory. Amazing how far and fast one could travel on the back of one of the fastest horses in the world.

Which she may or may not have stolen.

"Azkwin," Indra greeted, "I'm glad you have arrived."

"What are my orders?" Snow asked.

Indra turned away briefly, "Earlier today, a girl came to us, taking Nyko, one of our healers, hostage in exchange for the other one, Lincoln the traitor. We handed him over, but Reapers attacked and took him."

"Octavia kom Skaikru," Snow added for Indra's knowledge.

"We went after him with her help, but when we caught the Reapers, Lincoln wasn't there," Indra finished, "And Skaikru are planning an alliance with the coalition."

So they could work together against maunon, the mountain men. Of course, that's where the rest of the hundred went.

Well, that was where she would have to go too. She had to find them.

"A letter from the ice queen arrived this morning," Indra said, "It is addressed today you. Read it and rest tonight. We may be in battle tomorrow."

In her tent, she read the letter.

Dearest Snowflake

I have heard what happened. I regret to inform you that you cannot come back to Azgeda yet.
The royal guard and spy Echo is still missing. We believe the mountain has her. Whatever it takes, insure that Skaikru succeed in taking down the maunon, even if they don't know their plans yet.

Sincerely,
Queen Nia

Basically insure the mountain got destroyed. Great plan, grandmother. Any actual plan coming with that?

No, just theory.

Snow would find a way. She always did.

After informing Indra of her plans, she returned to the Skaikru camp.

The perimeter guards didn't see her as she slipped through the crowds of people, looking for a familiar face.

"What happened?" Snow asked someone nearby.

"One of ours just attacked a grounder village," someone said, "They'll kill us all!"

That couldn't be good. It must have happened in the last day, but-

"Hey, kid, are you lost?" A familiar voice sounded behind her. Bellamy.

"Not at all," she turned to face him, keeping her hood up. He recognized her nonetheless.

His grip on her wrist tightened. He knew she couldn't escape without making a scene, "What do you want?"

"Currently, an alliance," she said, "My Queen wants the maunon gone at any cost. For once, our interests align."

"The maunon?" Bellamy asked.

Snow sighed, "The mountain men. The ones who abducted whoever survived the fiery explosion that I assume was your defense mechanism."

"And we could just arrest you-"

"But if you do, you'll be losing a useful ally," Snow reminded him, "And I'd just escape again."

Bellamy sighed, "So what do you want?"

"I want the alliance that the Commander is traveling to Trikru territory for to work," Snow stated simply.

"Why?"

Snow shrugged, "My Queen wants her people out of the mountain. My Commander wants an ally."

"I'll talk to Clarke," Bellamy said, "And she can talk to her mother."

"You have two days to decide," Snow said, glancing to the army posted on the hill above the camp.

Then, she vanished once again, slipping through the crowds of worried people.

"What did they say?" Snow was surprised to find Lexa next to Indra in the Trikru general's war tent.

"They'll talk about it," Snow said, "But I'm not sure any others will approve unless they have something to give us."

They all sat in that tent thinking and planning until the flaps opened, revealing a familiar blonde. Clarke.

"So you're the one who burned three hundred of my soldiers alive," Lexa frowned at the girl's small size.

Snow had dismantled empires in hours, and could kill a high skilled target in minutes with her bare hands. Her small size certainly did not affect her abilities.

"So you're the one that sent the army to kill us," Clarke snapped back.

She had some serious nerve to talk to the Commander like that. Snow felt this may not go well.

"Let me kill her and be done with this," Indra was silenced by Lexa's hand raised in the air.

"What do you want?"

Clarke sighed, clearly afraid, "I want an alliance get all our people out of the mountain."

"What do you have to offer us?" Lexa asked.

"We can cure the Reapers," Clarke said softly.

That would be a miracle, but Indra snapped, "Lies, let me kill her-"

"Show me," Lexa demanded.

Clarke turned to the tent flap and smiled, "Right this way."

This girl was definitely crazy. But if she cured Reapers, that made her smart.

A valuable ally.

They set off into the woods to the metal tin can where Lincoln was being held.