Chapter Sixteen

Snow walked by Lexa and Clarke's sides, followed by Indra, for the entire journey.

Everyone was shouting, "Jus drein jus daun!"
Despite the fact that they were trying to be more or less stealthy.

So Snow did what she though would best benefit her Commander and her Queen.

"I want to go ahead and check for scouts," Snow said quietly, "They don't need these hazmat suits anymore when the bone marrow treatment works."

"Go," Lexa said reluctantly, "But be careful. We can not afford to lose an asset like you."

Snow smirked, "Careful, Lexa, or people might think you're starting to like me."

"Hodnes laik kwelnes," Lexa said. Love is weakness, "Now go."

Slipping into the dense trees, Snow travelled through the Reaper tunnels to the back door to the mountain.

She wasn't actually scouting. She was infiltrating to assure success.

Which worked out pretty well until she was surrounded by merciless guards with guns trained on her head, her neck, and her heart.

"Surrender your weapons or die," they said.

Snow gently dropped all of them to the ground. This was the plan. Get into the mountain the easy way. As a prisoner.

Until they smiled, "We know who you are." Shackles were clipped to her wrists and she was dragged through the tunnels inside the mountain.

They knew she wasn't yet trained for escaping shackles, and she was chained to the nearest guard.

Who had just snapped a collar around her neck, which electrocuted her until she was screaming on the ground, clawing to get it off.

The world darkened into nothingness.

Snow woke up chained to a wall with the same shackles, but she could barely move.

She reached to her neck for the familiar comfort of her sister's necklace.

And it was gone.

"Looking for this?" Someone, probably the man in charge, flaunted it around in front of her.

"Give that back, and I'll consider making your death quick," Snow hissed.

The man's voice was laced with venom as he threw the necklace into the ground, shattering the glass, and stepping on it, "Oops."

Snow screamed in fury.

She screamed even more as the collar around her neck shocked her. Again. And again. And again.

No one else was in the room, no one could stop it.

"I know none of the names on your arm are as important as the one on your neck," the man smiled wickedly, "I'll let you contemplate that as I go to check on our project."

He left. The door shut behind him. Snow was truly alone.

Her sister's necklace was gone, her name was erased from history and from Snow's neck by the burns of the collar, and it was Snow's fault.

She snapped. Tears poured from her eyes as she hung her head in defeat.

"Hey," a deep voice said, "Hey." They pulled her head upward gently by her chin so she would see them.

Her face was caked in mud and ash from the tunnels, in blood from her latest fight, and making lines through it all were her tears.

"What did they do?" Bellamy asked.

"She's gone," Snow whispered, "And it's my fault. I killed her. I killed her."

She couldn't stop repeating those words.

"I'll be back," Bellamy promised, "I swear." He then left.

Snow was still chained up in that room when he came back holding a key. He unchained her and gently held her as she broke into a milking pieces.

"It's okay," he said as she slid her back down the wall, burying her face in her hands, "It's okay-"

"It's not okay," Snow said, "I killed her. She's gone. I killed her."

Bellamy frowned, "Who's gone?"

"My sister," Snow said, "I killed her."

They sat there for a few moments until Bellamy managed to get the collar off of Snow's neck.

"Who's in charge?" Snow asked.

"What-"

She repeated herself, "Who's in charge?"

"Cage Wallace," Bellamy said slowly, "Bht he's gone. He escaped."

"Then I will hunt him down and kill him myself," Snow used a scrap of fabric from her shirt, cleaned her face, and stormed out of the room.

Out of the mountain.

She found the man in the forest.

"You again," the man looked surprised.

"I wish I could say it's nice to see you," Snow said, "But it's not."

A white arrow buried in his shoulder, "You missed."

"I never miss," Snow smirked, following him as he backed away from her.

Until he fell into a deep pit designed for a monster.

The mutant gorilla that lived there saw the easy meal. She smiled as he screamed in pain. She smiled as blood splattered the walls.

And she smiled as another white arrow slid straight into the heart of the beast that tore him apart.

"Snow-"

"What?" Snow turned around to see Bellamy, "You're following me?"

He sighed, "I'm concerned. You looked hurt or-"

"Or what?" Snow asked, "Angry? Upset? Scared?"

"About what you said- your sister," the boy hesitated.

Snow's voice dropped into a defensive growl, gesturing to the pit, "Go away now before you join them."

Bellamy nodded and left.

After he did, Snow knew she couldn't go back to Azgeda. Not with the shame of failing her Commander and her Queen, of being caught.

Of crying of all things.

Snow could never go back, so she retrieved her weapons before anyone could search the mountain, killing all maunon she came across, and she vanished.

A new name, a new identity. That's what she needed.

A new self, a second chance.

Right after she got that tattoo fixed, which didn't take long. She had more names added to it.

After a few weeks of taking bounty hunting jobs, her entire back was covered in tattoos.

That was when Azgeda warriors started hearing of 'the white arrow', an incredible bounty hunter with white hair.

After dying her hair red, she shaved one side of her head and cut the other to chin length. She took on the name 'Ezra'.

Time for a new chance.

Time for a new life.