01. 𝘧𝘶𝘤𝘬 𝘮𝘦𝘯, 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘮.

CHAPTER ONE.

fuck men, all of them.

Her earphones blasted the chilled playlist she had created for the plane; her body clad to a summer dress she'd bought at a boutique in the middle of London. Angeline Lewis had missed the sunshine California provided, her shoulders already growing golden beneath its beams as she tugged her suitcase out the exit of the airport.

A silver Porsche came slowing to a stop towards the teenage girl, causing a small smile to cross her features as she moved towards it, ignoring the crowds of people around her. It came to a stop at the curb and the tinted window rolled down, revealing floppy blond hair and a cocky smirk.

"Bags in the trunk, babe," Levi Edwards instructed and jerked his head back where the trunk was automatically opening.

Angeline held back an eyeroll at the way her boyfriend constantly insisted on showing off his luxuries, but hauled the heavy case over anyway and did as she was told. It settled between a couple cases of beer and a half-opened gym bag that had Adidas socks poking out.

She slammed it shut and moved over to the passenger side of the Porsche, sliding into the leather seat. Once she'd adjusted the ditsy-patterned material around her legs, she turned to face Levi, pushing her sunglasses off her face to rest on top of her head.

"Hope you didn't miss me too much," Angeline grinned teasingly, leaning forward and holding his thigh.

She shifted across the gearstick and kissed Levi on the lips, the blond immediately starting to move his lips back against hers roughly. He tasted like the gum that he always smacked on and some of her own cherry lipgloss that was being smudged. As Levi's hand started to glide down towards her ass, Angeline squeezed his thigh and pulled away.

"Yeah, not right now, thanks," she scoffed, flopping back into her seat and smoothing her dress back down again. "I don't feel like getting arrested for public indecency, do you?"

"Depends," Levi grinned. "Do I get to finish before we get arrested?"

Angeline's mouth dropped open and she laughed a little in disbelief, smacking his arm. As Levi started to pull away from the curb, Angeline wiped away at any smeared lipgloss around her lips and then shoved her sunglasses back onto her nose.

"How was London?" Levi finally asked.

"It was fine. Rained a lot."

"So not as good as Cali?"

"Of course not," the brunette scoffed loudly, glancing out the window at all of the beautiful scenery that they passed-- the kind of scenery that she missed when she was in her dreary hometown of concrete and pollution.

Angeline longed to be near the beach where the weather was warmer and the sun was brighter. She hated waking up to grey skies and the sound of traffic. Her heart rested where the sunrises looked like explosions of the most exotic paints on a canvas and the palm trees swayed in unison like a dance.

Angeline adored California and if it meant she had to live with her father to be here, then so be it.

"Where am I dropping you?" Levi asked once they had reached the highway that was leading to Fair Hill. "Do you wanna come back to mine and catch up?"