02. 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘴𝘸𝘪𝘮, 𝘮𝘪𝘵𝘤𝘩.

CHAPTER TWO.

come swim, mitch.

The weekend that followed went far too quickly for Angeline's liking, the short brunette dreading her return to school on Monday. Fair Hill High was one of the best high schools in California, a private school filled with the children of Hollywood stars and future CEOs of worldwide businesses.

Not only that, it was artificial as fuck. 

Angeline stuck to her three best friends for that very reason. Every week there appeared to be a new drama, friends for life switching sides to whichever was going to come out smelling like roses and more often than not parents getting involved.

She didn't expect her senior year to be much different.

This week, Angeline and Levi's dramatic breakup at Paige's party was the biggest scandal. Eyes were on her as soon as the brunette pulled up in the carpark, faint whispers echoing as she kept her chin high and moved towards the main entrance of the large building.

Whatever they were saying, Angeline didn't want to hear it. She had far better things to be focused on, like the fact that senior prom tickets went on sale last night or that it was her birthday in two weeks. Even the freshmen were gossiping, blatantly pointing her out to their friends who might not know who the senior girl was.

"News spreads like wildfire," Angeline grumbled to herself.

"Angel!"

She rolled her eyes when she heard the voice of Jason Brown yelling after her. Angeline didn't bother to glance over as she heard his trainers smack on the concrete ground in an attempt to catch up with her. He reeked of cologne, the smell causing Angeline's nose to scrunch up once he was in a three feet radius.

"I must say," Jason called as he tried to keep up with her. "You're looking extra gorgeous today, Angel."

The brunette raised her brows, adjusting the bag on her shoulder as she walked through the double doors.

"Thanks, Jason," Angeline replied, bored.

"So... now that you and Levi are over—"

"Oh," Angeline paused in her tracks and laughed a little. "No thanks. Have a good day though."

She barely stayed to watch as Jason's face scrunched up in disbelief, listening to the squeak squeak of his trainers as he headed in another direction.

Angeline has been sure to wear a cute slip dress for the first day back of school, the black material patterned by minimalist dragons and extremely thin straps that sat on top of a white tee. She'd added one of her favourite belts to cinch her waist as small as possible. The Doc Martens on her feet were already killing her, but it was worth it to look good.

Angeline's brown eyes drifted around the hallway as she moved. She saw a flash of bleached hair and a smile erupted on her face, speeding up to catch up with Ciara. She linked arms with the slightly taller girl, the pair walking together.

"Hey, girlie," Ciara greeted. "Paige said you went shopping yesterday?"

"Yep," Angeline smiled. "It was okay. I was forced into eating at that fancy vegan place she likes, though."

Ciara's face scrunched up. "Oh God. I'm so sorry."

"I just pigged out when I got home," she shrugged.