09. 𝘥𝘢𝘳𝘤𝘺 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘢𝘮𝘴

CHAPTER NINE.
DARCY WILLIAMS

Principal Warren had been waiting at the gates for Angeline as soon as Mitch dropped her into the school that Monday morning. She groaned and rolled her eyes, throwing her head back as she forced herself out of the car and grabbed her backpack. Mitch had said something about keeping silent so she didn't get in trouble, but the brunette was already halfway out of the car and grumbling a goodbye.

The meeting had only taken ten minutes, but they were some of the most infuriating minutes of Angeline's entire life. Listening to Mr Warren drone on about how drugs would be the death of her made her want to, well, die, because Angeline had never even done anything but weed, and she didn't plan on snorting lines of coke anytime soon.

He'd also moved Angeline from her math class and into another one that Grace wasn't in, in an effort to separate the two girls. Angeline did as Mitch had briefly told her, sitting with her arms folded and her lips sealed shut. It took great effort, but she managed until the door finally closed behind her and she was free in the busy halls of Fair Hill High.

"Fucking bald-headed prick," Angeline muttered under her breath as she joined sides with Paige and Ciara. "I swear to God, Grace got off so lucky."

Paige rolled her bright blue eyes. "Enough about that snake," she sneered. "Grace is dead to us, so I want you guys to meet our new friend."

Ciara raised her brows as they passed by all the other students. "You've found someone else already?"

"Mhm," Paige hummed. "You guys know Darcy Williams, right?"

Angeline frowned, never having heard of the girl before. She listened to Ciara gasp and they started to talk about her, Paige leading them both in the direction where the mystery girl apparently was. The blonde pushed open the main doors to the school and the sun poured down on all of them, warming Angeline's shoulders and causing her to squint in the bright light.

"Darcy!"

A pale girl with blonde wavy hair glanced up from where she was texting somebody on her iPhone, her green eyes locking with the three girls' gaze. Angeline blinked; astonished simply by the sight of this teenage girl. She had no idea how she had never noticed her before, but Darcy Williams was one of the most beautiful girls that Angeline had ever laid eyes on before.

There was something about her-- maybe it was the black leather jacket over her tiny crop top, or the fishnets showing beneath her ripped mom jeans. She had a darker style in contrast to Paige's light aesthetic, and she was the complete opposite to Grace who had only ever worn pink. Maybe that was where Paige was going with Darcy.

"Hey, Paige," Darcy hummed, sliding her phone into her back pocket.

Her eyes scanned the other two girls either side of the blonde, Darcy's eyes gliding over Angeline's body a little longer than normal. Usually, Angeline didn't care when boys or girls stared at the plunged neckline of her dress, but Darcy was intimidating in a way that Angeline sort of liked.

"This is Ciara and this is Angel," Paige introduced them. "Guys, this is Darcy Williams. She transferred to Fair Hill High last week and her dad is high up in Google."

"Oh, sick," Ciara grinned.

"Angel, huh?" Darcy smirked, her bold lipstick making her angelic face seem so much more dangerous. "Never heard a name like that before."

Angeline swallowed thickly in an attempt to collect herself as quickly as possible. "My full name's Angeline, my friends just call me 'Angel', though."

"British, too... Love the accent," Darcy was clearly extremely confident, her tone slow and cocky as if to make sure people took the time to listen to whatever she had to say. "Angeline... You're the girl who got suspended for punching the girl that looks like Pinkie Pie threw up on her, right?"