08. 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘴𝘦𝘦𝘮𝘴

CHAPTER EIGHT.
𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘴𝘦𝘦𝘮𝘴

It was finally Friday-- the last day of Angeline's suspension.

Since the strange man turning up on Wednesday, Angeline couldn't stop thinking about how concerned Mitch had been. She didn't talk to her brother or father much, not that she ever did anyway, but just sat and analysed them.

They acted like normal-- never talking much about business at the dinner table and later disappearing to the meeting room with glasses of whiskey, not to be seen for at least another three hours.

So many theories ran through her head. Her main idea was that perhaps her dad had made a deal with the man and not followed through. If Mr Lewis felt genuinely threatened of course he was going to bring in more security, which would explain Mitch's sudden existence in the Lewis household.

That had to be it.

As soon as four o'clock came, Angeline was out of the prison called her own home and she was heading to the ice cream parlour on the beachfront with Ciara and Paige. Apparently, the Queen Bee had a lot to talk about with Angeline, and if she was being a hundred percent honest, Angeline wasn't exactly looking forward to listening to all the petty high school drama. She had bigger concerns.

The house was silent when she woke up. It was nine in the morning, so she realised Elliot and their father had already left for work. Angeline did her usual morning routine; a quick shower, little bit of skincare, and chucked on an oversized vintage tourist tee and some comfy black cycling shorts.

Angeline had already done all of her school work yesterday, so she had nothing to do today. After scrolling through her social media for an hour or two, Angeline found herself at a dead-end, boredom creeping in on her for the hundredth time that day. She groaned, flopping back onto her bed and letting go of the mobile device.

Maybe bothering Mitch again wouldn't be a bad idea. He might even take her out for a coffee again if she asked him nicely enough. Ciara had her minor addiction to weed, Paige had her obsession with popularity, and Angeline craved overpriced iced coffee. Being suspended meant she couldn't pick a cup up after or before school anymore, and a mere two days without it was driving her nuts. The iced coffee that she made at home never tasted the same.

Angeline licked her lips at the thought of her favourite beverage and climbed up from the mattress, slipping out of her bedroom. Mitch hadn't come in to check on her today yet and she hadn't heard him walking around. Her first stop was to the security's main room, but it was void of any of its members.

The shaggy-haired man wasn't downstairs or outside either, even when Angeline asked one of the gardener's if he had seen him. Apparently, nobody had seen Mitch for an hour or two, but Renolds was wandering around somewhere outside.

Angeline didn't want Renolds, she wanted Mitch... or rather Mitch to take her to go and get her coffee.

"Where are you going?" Angeline heard the older man snap from behind her.

She glanced over her shoulder, rolling her eyes at the sight of Renolds standing behind her with his arms folded across his chest. He looked like he had just busted her doing drugs or something, not about to go through the backdoor of her own home. Angeline scoffed as she looked at him-- how Paige found him attractive she would never know.

"Inside," she pointed out the obvious. "Why? Am I not allowed to do that?"

"Less with the attitude."

"Gonna chuck me in my room again?" Angeline grumbled under her breath so he couldn't hear as she finally entered her home, trying to get as far away from the head of security as possible.