trembling

Tsujimura doesn’t have a whole lot of experience with kids. She’s never really hung around them, and her own mother, who she loves dearly, God bless her, wasn’t home very often, leaving her to essentially fend for herself in a very big, very empty home. This brought about her love of films, especially spy based ones. It made her feel close to her mother, even if she wasn’t actually there. She wanted to follow in her mother's footsteps, to become a great spy, and while she is succeeding in the following part, the great, however… That’s best left up to interpretation.

Perhaps her success would have come quicker, more naturally had she been born with an ability, something impressive to awe her mothers coworkers and those above, however she wasn’t, and due to this, she wonders if she was even meant to have an ability at all. Her mother gifted her her own, and she’s eternally grateful for that gift, it makes her wonder what it would be like to have been born with an ability.

There are many people she’s seen make it far with their abilities, like Ango, who’s natural analytical talent and his impressive ability combined makes him the perfect candidate to work somewhere like the Special Abilities Department, and there’s people like Ayatsuji, with his unpredictable, deadly ability he can hardly even attempt to control, that has him locked away in his office alone with snipers trained on him twenty-four-seven. They're completely different, lead vastly different lives, and both have powerful, natural special abilities. Tsujimura admires both of them, Ango's dutiful responsibility and Ayatsuji’s determination to solve cases, even if it often ends in him sneaking out and avoiding following rules. She feigns frustration and exasperation at him when he does these things, however she admires his ability to defy authority and do what he believes is just and necessary.

These are the two ability users she's spent the most time around, she thinks she knows them well enough, and for that she’s grateful.

So when a tired looking Ango asks a favor of her, she’s perfectly happy to do whatever's asked of her. Running some files to the storage room? Picking up an extra shift? Go watch over Ayatsuji once again? These are all plausible ideas, after all he’s asked these things of her before. However, speaking to a skittish, snappy little mafioso is not what she’s expecting.

She questions him on why he’d like her to do it, why can’t someone else, does she have a special skill? Has everyone all but failed to get information from him? Does she somehow have superior interrogation skills? Secretly, she hopes one of these guesses happens to be the truth, it's exciting and makes her hopeful and is something she could brag about to Ayatsuji to kick him down a peg, if such a thing is possible.

She eagerly awaits her superior's response, pride unfurling in her chest, and the response does come, and it’s none of the above.

A softer personality.

It takes everything in her not to deflate. She's soft. She’s not a fierce interrogator that the city's criminals murmur about in their lairs, she’s an intimidating softy who's supposed to be a comfort to the mafioso, to keep him calm with all her unintimidating-ness. If that's a word. She’s utterly mortified that she’s come across as such a pushover! She took Ayatsuji’s case and stuck with it, her being the only one to ever do so successfully, and nonetheless, she’s assigned to deal with a child because of her personality!

She hopes Ango can’t tell how horrified and ashamed she is, and she thinks he likely can’t tell. He’s so exhausted he likely can’t tell up from down, and for once she is grateful for her superiors sorry state.

Soft.

Her mother wasn’t soft, she was fierce, powerful and respected. How has she managed to screw this all up so bad?

She mopes all the way to the holding cell, going over every mistake she’s ever made in her head in an attempt to figure out where she’s gone wrong in her professional career, when she reaches the door. Two men in suits stand with weapons at the ready in front of the door, they’re intimidating and she can’t seem to recognize them. A different division, perhaps? That’s a little interesting and not what she expected. She hadn’t been given much of a rundown on who was on the other side of the door, just that they were young and not particularly talkative with the other agents.