Tears Fall~Sadness/Angst

David x reader

Breakups suck, that is a fact. That is an unfortunate one because in this little story, that is what has happened between you and David. Now, it's been weeks since your breakup, you've talked in between but only because of friends and stuff. Now...this is somewhat the aftermath.

Also slight mention of sex.

You've been warned.

~

You laid awake in bed, covered by your soft thin blanket. It was dark in your room. The air conditioning hummed as it did it's best to cool you off. You stared up at the popcorn ceiling; the faint shadows of the night dancing across your vision.

A quiet sigh left your lips as you tried your darn hardest to get his face out of your head. You kept pushing those memories of his low, soft voice out of your mind. His every gentle touch and caress... His everything.

But...

You couldn't.

No matter how hard you tried. You just couldn't stop thinking of David Bowie.

You scoffed, and crossed your arms. You rolled over onto your side and splayed out your hand. You ran your hand over a stray pillow. He should've stayed. you think, and then it hits you.

You're alone.

Alone. Alone. Alone

The word echoes through your mind. And no amount of screaming into a pillow or hiding under the covers will it make it stop.

I'm sorry, David...you faintly whisper through your oncoming tears.

And for the first time, in a long time, you cried.

Every second, every moment, every memory, and every emotion you ever felt with him rushed through your body like a tidal wave. A storm...you thought as you remembered, the one time you got so frightened of a flash of lightning, and he was there to wrap his skinny arms around you.

You jumped in terror as you looked out at the heavy downpour. A flash of light and you were scared. Then you felt a squeeze around your waist. "Don't worry Y/n, I'm here." David spoke into your ear, he'd bury his head in the crook of your neck. He'd hug you from behind.

You missed his loving embrace.

Then you remembered those long nights of you staying up with him.

"Oh David, it's beautiful." You spoke as you sat cross legged on the floor. David was right in front of you, strumming his guitar to one of his songs. "You really think so love?" David would flash his crooked pearly whites in school boyish way. He kept strumming trying to find the perfect melody. And, you would always help. You gave him suggestions.

You sobbed at those memories because with them... came the ones of the passionate love making.

Most nearly every night you gave yourself to David.

You were his, and he was yours.

You went to every concert and venue, supported him through and through.

You loved him.

And then, it started washing away, you remembered.

You were giving more but getting nothing back.

"I'll have dinner ready by 6. And we can catch a movie yeah?" You gave David a long kiss on the cheek. David stared at you and said nothing. "David?" You spoke with confusion. "I won't be home till later, go see a movie by yourself." He'd hand you a couple dollars and pat your arm. Then he'd leave you all alone in the apartment. That happened everyday, he blew you off everytime. And soon, you just stopped trying.

There so much tension between you two you both were walking on thin ice.

And then it shattered.

You came home one day to find David sitting on the couch, the look on his face was the one of sadness. You say down and for some reason, you knew what this was about.

He looked at you with sad blue eyes, and you offered him a weakly smile. Which he did not receive. "David..." you started, "No, please don't make this hard." David cut you off bluntly. You asked what was going on and you got your answer.

"I just, I don't feel anything anymore, but I still care for you..." David spoke with such sadness. With that statement, your mind went numb and all you could hear was white noise. You put on a happy smile, after the conversation. You two didn't split, you tried to make it work.

But it didn't last.

A couple days later, after David told you how he felt, you finally had broken down.

You broke up with him. You moved out of the apartment days later and here you were.

You were curled up into ball underneath your blanket, numb from the pain, numb from the memories, and numb from the coldness of the room.

You took a deep breath, and sniffled.

Your mind was racing, and you knew.

It was over.

I need to move on, you think to yourself.

You breath in and out, and repeat that mantra in your head for what seemed like hours. Then you felt soothed.

You still felt the pain but you decided that you would move on tomorrow.

You closed your eyes and fell into a deep slumber.

BRIIINNGGG BRIIINNG

You woke up instantly.

You turned over and looked at the clock.

2:00 AM

The noise still rung put through the room, and figured out what it was.

You picked up the phone and groggily said, "hello?"
-
-
-
-

"Hi Y/n, this is David~"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Well this was crap, but I liked it...

Part 2 perhaps?