Ch.7: I belong to you.

Song: Habits of my Heart - Jaymes Young.

At the police department Shawn stands in front of André, Altagracia and their lieutenant Louisiana Evans while adding some things at the board.

“So the dashcam shows that the day that Roderick was intercepted by this stranger was a week ago but his wife called three days ago to report him missing” Shawn points out “I’m assuming that the people who this man kidnaps it’s people that not many persons will notice when they disappear”

“And how did you get to that conclusion?” André speaks up.

“(Y/n) (L/n)… When I told her about my confusion with (S/n) (L/n), she said to me that nobody will notices if she goes missing… And that’s true, she doesn’t have any family, her boyfriend spends most of his time on clubs, bars or other woman’s house and I barely see her”

“That’s right” Louisiana stands up and walks towards the board “The last victim that we found” she points the picture of the little girl “Her parents didn’t report her missing, it was her school and it was after a month of non-attendance, besides (S/n) (L/n) was already found minutes after her family called the police. She was at a friend house"

“Now that I think about it, when I talked with Yael, he told me that he moved to this city for his study at the local college and his family it’s living on other country also he’s not very social” André says.

Louisiana speaks up “And Ophelia’s case isn’t different”

“Shawn, you’re a genius” Altagracia puts her hand on his shoulder “So, what do you suggest?”

“It’ll sound heartless but we shouldn’t focus about other people who went missing but these ones” he points the board “We should consider that the others who disappeared might be for other reasons also, we can’t watch over all these who are on the blacklist, we can only warn them”

“Damn” André stands up “I guess that you’re right”

Louisiana sighs “I will hand the other missing’s cases to other detectives” she grabs some papers “You’re dismissed, make sure to rest well” she faces Shawn “Especially you” she then turns and walks away from the detectives.

André rubs his eyes “I’m going to get a coffee” he leaves to the kitchen.

“Altagracia” Shawn turns to face the woman standing behind him.

“Yes, Shawn?” she smiles at him.

“Uhm… Can you recover information from a burnt laptop?”

“Oh… you found evidence”

“No, it’s more like a personal favor”

Her eyes lighten up for a second “Of course, I’ll try my best. Do you have your laptop here?”

“No, I don’t”

“No problem, you can bring it tomorrow”

“Tomorrow it’s my day off” He usually didn’t take his days off but now he has a reason to stay at home.

“Right, I’m going to visit you tomorrow and you can give me the laptop. Is that okay?”

“Yes, thank you”

“You’re welcome” she winks at him and kisses his cheek “Be careful on your way home”

He takes a step back from her “I will” he then leaves the station. He knew about Altagracia feelings but he wasn’t interested on her, his heart, soul and body belonged to only one woman.