Ch.14: Unsolved Murder.

Song: Twisted - MISSIO.

Days before…

Being a serial killer was exciting, however, he committed a big mistake last time provoking the escape of his last victim and the loss of one of his whereabouts. He had the police closer.

But he couldn’t stop, he needed to save the pureness of those people. Stalking his victims was one job to know them better, but he never made direct contact with them, he paid other people to do the job.

Right now, he was watching one of his future victims, she was a student at the local university and she also helped the professors.

One of the things that called his attention was the fact that she always had a little bird on her shoulder, hidden on her hair or hood.

She always had a gentle smile on her face, even after she failed an exam or when she had to tell the other students that they failed the exam, she always comfort them, making them feel better.

Being an old man was making it difficult to do his job properly, and sometimes he makes mistakes and that’s what happened today.

Walking inside the campus of the university, he tries to find the bird loving lady but instead, she found him. He accidently tripped into a branch and fell down.

“Oh my…” the woman that he was stalking saw him and walks closer to him “Are you okay, sir?”

The old man looks up to see the woman with the little bird on her shoulder and a worried look on her face.

“Yes, I am” he slowly stands up and curses as he feels something sharp cutting his hand. Getting a better look at his hand he notes a big cut on it.

She sighs “Some freshmen have the tendency to drink on the campus and shatter their bottles on the ground, I’m sorry”

“Oh, no. It’s not your fault, darling”

“Still, let me take you to the infirmary, please”

He was breaking his rule when he started talking to this woman but now he couldn’t refuse or she would suspect him.

“Okay”

The woman smiles and nods “Please follow me” she starts walking into the building.

He follows her looking at his hand, it didn’t even hurt that much but he didn’t have another choice.

“Here” she enters into a room “The doctor isn’t here” she mutters “Please sit down” she signals the chair.

He nods and sits down.

“Show me your hand” she grabs a little bottle of alcohol and pours it on a little cotton.

He extends his hand towards her showing her the wound.

“So…” she starts speaking as she cleans the cut “What are you studying? Or teaching?”

“Oh, I’m studying arts and design”

“That’s wonderful” she smiles “Not many people appreciates the importance of art these days”

He raises an eyebrow “Do you?”

“Well… I would love to understand modern art but… I don’t” she wraps his hand “It’s hard to find beauty in a banana taped on a wall”

The man laughs and shakes his head “Yeah, that’s not the kind of art that I’m into”

“Oh, what do you like?”

“The perseverance of the innocence on a sculpture”

“Interesting” she finishes wrapping his hand “Then, I’m looking forward to see one of your sculptures” she had that kind smile again.