Ch.12: Leave the Past Behind.

Song: Teen Idle - Marina and The Diamonds.

Shawn exits his car and walks towards André who has been standing in front of Altagracia’s house with a worried look on his eyes.

“What happened?” Shawn asks.

“She isn’t home nor answers her phone, I’m afraid that something bad happened to her” he looks at him “I wanted to break into her house and hopefully find something that tell us where she is”

Shawn nods and walks towards the door and tries to open it “Did you tried to go to the back door?”

“No, I was waiting for you, let’s go” he walks to the backyard and opens the door “It’s open”

They enter to the house and turn the lights on “Check upstairs and I’m going to check around here, tell me if you find something”

“I will” André nods and goes to the stairs.

Shawn sighs and walks around the place, it was pointless to look for any hint to find Altagracia but he had to pretend for André. Stopping by the counter, he sees a notebook, he grabs it and opens it.

She had notes of The Taxidermist’s case, he was glad that she had something useful before she left.

“Shawn” he turns around and sees André standing on the stairs “I didn’t found anything, what about you?”

“Notes about The Taxidermist that we didn’t see before” he hands him the notebook “She was working on the case here”

“No clues where she might be” he reads the notebook.

“I’m pretty sure she has more on her computer, we might find something about her”

André nods "I saw it on her bed" he goes back upstairs.

Shawn keeps looking around until he hears a sound behind him. He turns around and sees a little bunny. Sighing, he kneels down and picks the bunny up.

“For how long you weren’t feed?” he scratches its head.

“Did you say something?” André goes downstairs with a laptop on his hands.

“I found this” he shows André the bunny.

“That explains the little bed beside hers” he walks towards the exit “Let’s go, every second counts”

“What about this?” he signals the bunny.

“Don’t you know someone to leave it for now?”

“I do…”

“Well, take it with you and I’m going to takes this to the department and have someone to find something”

“Alright, I’ll be there once I’m finished, call me if something happens” he exits the place and walks to his car.

The little bunny was really calm on the ride, Shawn felt a little guilty for leaving the animal without an owner, but he did what he needed to do.

Parking the car to the side of the building he leaves the car with the bunny on his hands, he enters the place with a little smile on his lips, he was sure that (Y/n) would love to have a new cute pet.

Once he exits the elevator, he walks towards the door of her apartment and knocks a couple times.

(Y/n) opens the door and when she sees him, her eyes widen.

“For fucks sake” she mutters.

Shawn tilts his head in confusion and when he was about to question her, he hears a voice coming from inside.