Chapter One: Clover Chase

I look at my book again.

Then at Mrs. Dodds and Nancy.

"Greek? Spanish? What are you talking about? This is English." I say hurriedly.

"Chase, that isn't no English." Nancy says, taking another of her bread pieces and throwing it at Grover.

"Stop, Nancy." I say, annoyed.

"Stop Nancy." she mimics.

"Oh, my god! Shut up Nancy!" Missy, my best friend, shouts.

"Miss. Jackson!" Mrs. Dodds scowls.

Percy Jackson, Missy's brother, looked like he was about to explode.

"Why are you even here?" I ask Mrs. Dodds, since she was standing in the middle of the bus aisle.

"There was an argument. I came to make sure Nancy was fine." Mrs. Dodds said.

Oh, did I forget to mention? I may or may not have punched Nancy for a) Throwing food and b) interrupting my reading.

I'm the murderous nerdy girl in class who hates everyone. Except Grover, Missy, and Percy. Oh, and Mr. Brunner, the best teacher EVER. No doubt.

I am Clover Chase. My friends call me Clove. I have waist blonde hair and stormy grey eyes. I am 10 and in the 6th grade. Yeah, I am super smart that I bumped up and extra grade.

The bus lurched forward. God, I hate this bus driver.

"Off the bus!" Mrs. Dodds screeched in her horrible screaming voice. I cringe and Mrs. Dodds notices.

Whoops. Sorry not sorry.

I climb off the bus, followed by Missy, a fuming Percy, and an upset Grover.

"Grover, it's fine." I whisper to him.

Mr. Brunner led the tour of the museum. I snuck from the group when I saw the library. Grabbed a few books. Now, I didn't steal them per say, but only, borrowed?

I got bored, ok?

I started reading about Greek animals and important people.

One page stood out.

Demigods. Half- Blood. Half Mortal, Half God.

That's all it read. Strange...

"Miss Chase!" someone shouted. I jumped, looking up.

Mrs. Dodds stood there, hands on hips, looking like a sassy teenager.

"Yes, Mrs. Dodds?" I sucked up.

"Return the books. NOW!" she yelled.

I frowned, giving the store clerk his books back, then heading outside for lunch.

Nancy was in the fountain, drenched. Missy was laughing, Mrs. Dodds fuming at Percy, who was already following her up the stairs, and Grover was shaking.

Badly.

I walk up to Missy and Grover.

"What happened?" I ask them.

"Percy pushed Nancy!" Missy laughed, doubling over.

I look at Mr. Brunner.

But he wasn't there.

"Missy, where'd Mr. Brunner go?" I ask.

Suddenly, a rush of adrenaline bolts through me. Percy walks out. I glance at Mr. Brunner who-

Holy Crap!

How did he get there?

Percy walked up to us.