Chapter 6: Missy Jackson

Being in the same room as a dead body was not my idea of fun.

It was confusing when I found out my eye could turn people to stone and I shared a name with one of the most known monsters in Greek Mythology.

Wait a minute, Medusa. She was in a relationship with my dad. He fell in love with Sally and to still honor the original Medusa named me Medusa but nicknamed me Missy. And blessed me with the power to turn people to stone out of one eye.

FREAKING COOL. 

We woke up around 3 am because we heard stomping outside. 

"We gotta go." Clover said grabbing her bag and running out the back door.

Will and I followed her. 

It was pitch black and no one could see anything.

"Do we know where we're running?" Will asked. 

"No idea." I said. "Clover!" 

"What!?" Clover whisper yelled turning around. 

"Where are we going?!" Me and Will yelled. 

"Somewhere where monsters can't find us." She said turning around again. 

We were running for about two more hours when the sun came up and we made it to a city. The first thing we did was get breakfast and a newspaper. We stopped in front of a store and went to the rack that held the newspapers. 

"Something happened in Saint Louis yesterday." I said. 

"Really, what?" Clover asked looking over my shoulder. 

"It caught on fire." I said still skimming the article. "A fire-breathing chihuahua?" 

"What?" Clover said, taking the paper from me. 

"Let me see." Will said taking the paper from Clover. 

"The person who started the fire escaped by jumping off the top." Will recited. 

"Sounds like Percy was there." I said. 

"I'm hungry." Will said out of the blue. 

"Why don't you eat a bag of chips." Clover said taking the paper from him.

I laughed. 

"We ran out of chips yesterday." Will said.

"Are you serious?!" Me and Clover yelled. 

"I'm buying more chips." I said walking into the store. 

I was in the chip section when I heard a heated conversation between a kid my age and the store manager. 

"You will pay for that cooked meat or I will have to call the cops!" The manager said. 

"I didn't steal it!" The kid yelled. I came over the corner with ten bags of chips, five for Will and the other five for me and Clover. 

He had dirty curly brown hair and was wearing faded ripped jeans and a dirty t-shirt. I walked to the manager and gave him twenty bucks.

"Keep the change." I said and handed the kid his cooked meat. I walked over to the cashier and paid for the chips.

Clover walked in.

"I saw that." She said. 

"Saw what?" I asked. 

"I saw you paid for that kid's meat." 

"Well I mean he couldn't pay for it and I felt bad." I said.