An Unwanted Call || Chapter 5

An Unwanted Call | Chapter 5

They decided to watch a comedy movie, since Persephone didn't want Hades throwing up during jump scares in a horror film and Hades wasn't in the mood for a romantic movie, but they both agreed that a comedy would be good. They laughed and snickered at the stupidity of it.

Hades had picked out the movie. It was an OLD gag-gift he had gotten from Dionysos, called Monty Snake and The Holy Chalice. It was definitely something Dionysos would give. Dionysos said that it was something he planned on having the mortals make it if they ever made movies. While Hades had never watched it until this point, it said it was a comedy, which it definitely was.

At one point, Hades and Persephone where laughing so hard, Persephone fell over and Hades vomited in the bucket...Then proceeded to laugh even more.

"'Tis but a scratch" They blurted out at the same time, then looked at each other with confused expression, suddenly, the two of them burst into laughs and giggles.

They finished the movie, cleaned up the bucket, then sat back down, both debating what to do next. It was now 11:37 and they still had the rest of the day.

Persephone got up and excessed herself, walking away to go to the bathroom. She had left her phone on the coffee table. Hades was scrolling through Fatesbook while waiting for Persephone when, out of no where, her phone started ringing. He picked it up to see who it was.

DO NOT ANSWER

Thats all that it said. That was the name of the person on her phone, so he did exactly as it said and sat the phone back down, not answering it. Soon it stopped ringing and Persephone came out of the bathroom.

"Hades? I'll be right back, I'm gonna go see what Cerberus is up to" She poked her head inside the doorway.

"Alright. Take your time" He smirked back. After another minute, her phone began ringing again.

"Kore? Your phones ringing!" he shouted, not picking up her phone this time

"Oh? Could you answer it for me? I'll be there in a second! I'm in a pile of dogs at the moment!" She laughed a bit. He chuckled and picked up her phone, answering it and putting it to his ear.

"Hel-" Hades was quickly cut off, not even being able to finish his sentence

"Perse! You finally answered my calls! Where are you?" A familiar voice came from the other line. 'Perse? Finally?' He thought, and decided to check the caller. Shit. It was the do not answer caller. Hades put the phone back up to his ear as Persephone peeked into the room.

He cleared his throat, "And who might this be?"

"What? Who the gods is this and why are you on Perse's phone?!" The voice asked. Now Hades was able to tell who it was.

Apollo

Hades set the phone to speaker so Persephone could hear as well.

"Who is it Hades?" Persephone asked

"Perse?! Was that you I just heard? Did you say Hades?! Why are you with him?! You know you're my girl, so why are you around that bastard?!" Apollo's voice kept getting progressively angrier. Persephone's eyes where wide with shock and horror, tears on the verge of falling, her mouth slightly open, her lip quivering, and her fists shaking. Apollo's words stung both Persephone and Hades.

'His girl?! HIS GIRL!?" He thought, his fist now shaking and his grip tightening around the phone. He looked over to Persephone and, he swore he heard, his heart shattered inside his, usually, empty chest. He set the phone down and slowly got up off the couch, reaching his empty arms towards the shaking goddess. She walked over and wrapped her arms around his neck, he wrapped his arms around her waist and sat back down with her in his arms. She softly cried into his shoulder and he responded to the now shouting Apollo.

"She isn't yours, now leave her alone before I get even more involved than I already am, because I promise you that it won't be pretty" Hades sneered then hung up on the god. He returned his attention to Kore, gently cradling her in his arms.

"Hades" She muttered, looking up at him "I'm so sorry" She shifted and slipped out of his grasp, wiping the tears from her eyes. "I'm sorry you had to get involved. Please don't tell anyone about this"

"Sweetness? What's going on." Hades stood up, placing his hands on her shoulders and crouching down in front of her.

"It's nothing, Hades. Thank you for your concern but, frankly, I don't want to talk about it." She pushed Hades away, walking backwards to put some distance between them.

"Alright," he sighed "I won't make you do anything you're uncomfortable with. Just know that if you ever need someone to talk to or need help, I'm here" He stood and gave her a smile

"Thank you. But remember, I'm here for you right now, not for me" She smiled back

A/N:

This was a weird chapter to write(mainly because I have no idea what the fuck I was doing but IDGAF)

If ANYONE knows what movie I was referencing and/or can tell me the real name down in the comments, I would love to see how many people know the movie! Its very funny. Just so you don't have to go looking for it, it was "Monty Snake and The Holy Chalice"

Please feel free to comment your opinions below! I would love feedback!