𝟬𝟲. jailhouse rock

SPIRITS | CHAPTER SIX

     𝐅or the hundredth time, Cloud was thrown into another prison cell

     𝐅or the hundredth time, Cloud was thrown into another prison cell. Everything was already familiar to her that she didn't even have a hard time adjusting to the small room of devoid. She continued walking back and forth, her arms crossed against her chest, an annoyed pout settling on her face. She remembered that she didn't get to finish her fruit smoothie and that caused her to be grumpy.

     The fact that she was more worried about her unfinished smoothie than previously having a death sentence on her head says a lot about her. She trusted her friends and family that they would get her out, that's why she never really overthinks when something like this happens. Besides, she could always try and break herself out.

     All of sudden, the cell door opened, and she hastily turned around and narrowed her eyes at the person she was faced with. Her demeanor relaxed as a certain firebender sauntered inside the room as the guard closed the door behind him.

     His brows furrowed as he neared her. "How do you always get yourself arrested?" 

    "Mako, always get arrested when you're around me," Cloud retorted, which made the boy shoot her a look. Then she shrugged. "I don't know. Maybe it's my charms."

     "Right," Mako chuckled lightly as he walked further inside the cell room until he reached the bed, glancing at the brunette. "I thought you might need some company."

    "Well that's thoughtful of you," Cloud said, sarcasm dripping from her tone as she lightly clapped his back before sitting down on the edge of the bed. She raised her brows. "Must be a first."

     The firebender huffed under his breath, rubbing the spot where she struck him before sitting down beside her in a safe distance. He can never be too sure. She might smack him again if he says something wrong. She doesn't really hit that hard unless you actually anger her. It's more of a playful and friendly pat on the back. Mako liked to think that was just her way of showing affection.

     "Where's Bo?" Cloud asked after he sat down.

     "Eska won't let him go." He shrugged. She narrowed her eyes at the side of his face as the boy faced the wall instead of her.

     "Save your poor brother, will you?" She muttered, sending a soft punch on his shoulder, making him looked at her with a small frown.

     Mako finally looked at her, his Adam's apple nervously moved. "You know there's no way we're letting anybody keep you here, right?"

     "I know." Cloud smiled gently.

     Mako left after a few minutes of lounging inside the cell and exchanging a couple of words with his childhood friend. As she was left alone again, she succumbed into her thoughts and tried to meditate for the mean time as she awaits for her demise. Not that she would actually go down without a fight.