𝟭𝟴. revengeful

SPIRITS | CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

     𝐔nbeknownst to them, Republic City was now being attacked by Unavaatu

     𝐔nbeknownst to them, Republic City was now being attacked by Unavaatu. Cloud sat next to an unconscious Korra, a glum expression on her usually grinning face. She would caress the girl's dark hair from time to time as she laid her head on her lap, waiting for her to gain consciousness. Not even after a few minutes, Tenzin along with her father and aunt arrived, the siblings immediately running towards Mako and Bolin to tend them.

    "They're over here." Tenzin walked up to the two girls, his shadow casting over them. Cloud let her uncle carry the unconscious girl as she stood next to her father. "Please, wake up."

     "They're gonna be all right. But I need to get them into some spirit water," Kya said to them, and Cloud nodded in relief. She couldn't afford to see someone else she cared about get hurt. "Right away."

    The group entered the spirit portal, Tenzin was carrying Korra with his siblings and Cloud right behind him. Bumi carried Mako and Bolin on his shoulders, the female airbender constantly stealing some worried glances at each of her wounded friends. She might've actually been hurt too, but right now, she couldn't feel anything but worry about her friends.

     Tenzin waded into a nearby water and gently put Korra down, Bumi doing the same thing with the two brothers as Kya began to heal them. Cloud felt exhausted, and decided to sit down on the ground, watching her friends in the water as a stream of illuminated water passed over them, mirroring Kya's movements. One by one, beginning with Korra, they opened their eyes and shot up, gasping for air.

    "Thank goodness you're all okay," Tenzin sighed in relief as Cloud rushed over to her friends, placing reassuring hands on their cheeks and just smiling at the sight of them conscious and not half-dead.

     Korra walked up to Tenzin who tried to support her weight. Then she asked weakly, the airbender perking up at the mention of her cousin's name. "Did you find Jinora?" 

     "I was able to rescue her soul, but she wasn't ready to return to her body yet," He said grimly, helping her out of the water. "She sensed that the world was in grave danger."

    Cloud sighed, a dejected expression washing over her face when she realized how much danger the world was truly in. She looked back at the firebender beside her and held out her hand to him. Mako slightly furrowed his eyebrows but took it anyway, stumbling a little causing the airbender to grasp his arm and let him lean over her side.

     "Thanks," He mumbled.

     Cloud let a small smile appear on her lips. "Anytime."

     While Tenzin talked with a dejected Korra who thinks she failed her duties as the Avatar. Cloud was left with her father, aunt, and her two friends. However, they were surprised when the oldest airbender left her inside the Tree of Time. They watched as she sat in a meditative position, and right after that, Korra's projection reached out to the overlapping portals and was sucked through, disappearing through the base of the portal.