1} X-Factor

A/N: italics are the past :)

I take a deep breath and turn to face him. Even though I have a smile on my face, I might be even more nervous than him.

The producer walks up to us, "Two minutes, Louis. Two minutes."

My hands instinctively brush his hair and fix his tie to make sure he's prepared.

"Jess, I'm fine, I'm fine!" He smiles and holds my hands in his.

"I know.. I-I'm just nervous," I admit.

After all these years of him silently singing to himself or writing songs secretly, he's finally showing everyone his talent. It's amazing to see how far Louis' come.

Louis chuckles, "It's ok love, remember I'm the one performing, not you."

I breathe out a laugh, "No shit, it's just... I'm so proud of you Lou, I know you'll do great."

Louis smiles, "Out of all the people here, I'm glad to hear that from you." He looks down at our hands and plays with our fingers.

"Louis your up!" The producer hands him a microphone and leads him to the stage.

I try to hold onto his hands as he walks away but I know it's useless. This is the beginning for Louis to become something big, I always knew it.

"Woohoo! You got this Lou!" I scream to him.

He turns around and gives me a big smile with a thumbs up before walking out to the stage.

Nervous. Excited. Proud. Anxious. The feelings I have inside are bubbling up in me as each second passes by knowing that Louis is up there. He's my best friend, so him being up there feels like I'm practically performing myself.

In just a few minutes, Louis starts to sing 'Hey There Delilah'. All the practicing and vocal warm-ups has payed off, he sounds amazing.

"Hey there, Delilah
Don't you worry about the distance
I'm right there if you get lonely
Give this song another listen
Close your eyes
Listen to my voice, it's my disguise
I'm by your side

Oh, it's what you do to me
What you do to me,"

He slowly stops singing, and in all honesty, I was about to cry. His voice is beyond angelic. To see him show the world his talent after all these years of me nagging at him about it, has finally come...and I couldn't be happier.

One by one, the judges approve him. Each time they say yes, my heart jumps a little.

Then it came to Simon Cowell. The heart-stopping moment where it was just silence from him. Everyone around me was waiting to see what he's going to say.

"You've got... three yes's!" Simon exclaims.

I didn't know I was holding my breath until I put my hand over my mouth to prevent me from screaming with excitement. Louis made it!

"Thank you so much." Louis beams and smiles with all joy.

He walks off the stage and hands the producer back the microphone. Louis's mother comes running and embraces him with all might along with his other sisters. It was such a beautiful sight and I didn't want to spoil it. So I stayed on the side lines before I could explain to him how amazing he did.

But I guess I was too late, soon tons of people huddled around him and ordered him to do certain things after the performance or congratulated him on how well he did. The crowd was so large, I don't think I could even get through them. But it's ok, I'll get to talk to him sooner or later...

In an instant, Louis was directed somewhere else and I didn't even get the chance to give him a simple 'congratulations'. The crowd followed him and I knew I couldn't get to Louis with the swarm of people around him.

I wasn't able to talk to him for the rest of the day because he was so busy talking to the all producers and scheduling other stuff with them. Before I knew it, the entire competition was over and it was time to leave. Louis was still chatting with people so I decided to leave and he'll tell me about it later.

But for a while, I wasn't able get to see or talk him, he was just so busy.

From then on out, the only way I could see Louis was through album covers or social medias. He never answered my calls or texts and soon he changed his phone number, so I had absolutely no way to contact him. While he was playing sold-out arenas or doing interviews, I was left in the dust, without a goodbye or anything... And it hurt.

Then I realized... The X-Factor was the last time I saw my best friend, Louis Tomlinson.

And after all we've been through, I was just a memory.

Just another forgotten friend.

A/N:

Ah! Here's another story about Louis Tomlinson... But I'm really excited to write it and it's going to be a great book, I swear.

Really hope you enjoy it!

-Lauren xx