Part 15. An unwanted birthday surprise

He shook his head in confusion and put on his "you're overthinking this" face. No- no no no no You haven't even been dating that long! He told himself. He took a deep breath to ease his panic. He went back to paying attention to the professor. Maybe a boring lecture would push out all the Keith + Love= ???? thoughts he was having.

That lasted for about 2 seconds before he pulled his out once again.

-

845,193 likeslance

845,193 likes
lance.mcclain: Class is a fuckin snooze fest, Keith why do you have to not be on my classes????
546k comments

kogayne_keith: Get over it, also which one of you lil shits changed my name???
|
katie_is_gay: Me, bitch
|
kogayne_keith: Ok shorty
|
katie_is_gay: You wanna go Texas?
|
adam.w: Hey, hey kids- no

josh_daniels: Oof that's a big mood
|
princess_allura: I couldn't agree more-

-
As soon as the professor dismissed them Lance booked it out of the classroom. He was truly done with school at that moment and wanted to feel more relaxed. Tomorrow was finally his birthday, a day that was all about him. On the outside it's appear that this would be something he'd look forward to with his extroverted and cocky personality. But that was mostly a face he put on.

A mask he'd use to shield himself from the burning thoughts within. A whole day being the center of attention? What a dream come true- not.

He used to love his birthdays. Back home there was so much joy and laughter when he was a kid. The hot air in the summer time, bubbles being blown by his cousins, an all around enjoyable experience.

But that all changed not to long ago.

He solemnly walked back to his dorm thinking back to the one experience that ruined everything for him. He wasn't paying attention and bumped into someone, crashing into them and sending them both to the ground.

"Oh my god are you alright?" a voice asked. He stood up and started dusting himself off before offering his hand out to the girl he had clumsily knocked over, quite literally. She graciously took his hand and he helped pull her up off the floor. It was then that he got a good opportunity to have a look at her face, she had blonde hair and it appeared she was wearing pink contacts or something like that.

Huh...seems familiar...

He tried to force himself to stop thinking about it, now was not the time nor the place to be remembering that. Instead he decided that it'd be better if he gave the girl a little attention.

"Sorry about that, I wasn't paying attention.." he apologized. She laughed it off with a soft giggle. One of those that either make you think "aw, how cute" or "aw the spawn of satan". Lance currently couldn't tell which side of the spectrum it was at. He just wanted to make sure she wouldn't try to pull a sangwoo on his ass.

"It's no big deal, really." She said brushing it off as if she didn't just get rammed into by a complete stranger. He examined her face again, he could've sworn he'd seen a face like that before.

"Are you sure?" He asked again just to be sure. He didn't wanna just walk away after walking into her. Only a dick would do that. She brushed it off again saying she was fine and it really wasn't a big deal.

She started talking a little...and then a lot. He wasn't exactly paying attention but he wasn't gonna leave. He already made a bad enough first impression and he really didn't wanna be starting any fights right before his birthday. Even if he hated it, the least awful the better.

Instead he focused his attention to the ring on her finger. It wasn't on her wedding finger so she clearly wasn't married but it looked so....familiar.

His mind went back to her, he remembered giving her a similar looking ring as a gift once. It's probably just a coincidence... he thought.

Although come to think of it, their hair and eye colors are pretty similar. And their height. And their smile. And their voice....and the ring...

"Anyways, don't sweat it; It happens." She said finishing her long rant. He just nodded slightly not being able to form words.

"I'll see you around, Lancey Poo~" she said before turning on her heel without a word. He stood there in disbelief.

I connected the dots.

I could've known faster.

If only I payed attention.

I would have had to relive my past experiences through a memory timeline.

I wouldn't have helped you, getting up and with your obnoxious self.

I could've avoided you if I tried.

And yet after all that,

You still manage to come waltzing into my life.

I wish I could've known sooner, you lying cheating son of a bitch.

Nyma, how nice of you to ruin my life once again.

______
Technically Lance's birthday is today but I wanted to add some slight angst / foreshadowing