Part 16. A need for support

As she walked away he stood there, shock evident on his face. He had no words, just thoughts racing through his head; Yet at the same time his mind felt blank, empty. He wanted to call out after her but then he thought he shouldn't give her the attention.

He slowly walked back to his dorm, his legs the only thing carrying him. The rest of his body and his brain weren't functioning at the moment. As he got closer to his room he thought about how Keith would react to him being like this. Keith knee him well enough to know when he was upset or not feeling himself. And as sweet as it is, he's also extremely stubborn. He won't give up until Lance tells him what's wrong. He wasn't in the mood to talk to him about Nyma so he instead went to his next best option. Someone who knew about Nyma and how to help him in his current state. With a spin on his heel, he made his way to his best friend's dorm room.

He had known Hunk way before college was even a thought, much longer than he'd known Keith. He and Pidge were the only two he had known for so long, and who knew about Nyma. He felt like going to Hunk would be better because he would give him sympathy. Plus, it was't afternoon yet so the likelihood of Pudge being awake was low.

The likelihood of her even wanting to talk about this kind of stuff with him was even lower. She loved him, obviously, but she never felt like she was the right person to want self-loathing therapy from. The constant thought of not saying the right thing and losing a friend over bad advice was constantly in the back of her mind.

It was reoccurring nightmare of hers, constantly being played on loop to the pint where she had to break the rules of the "no pet policy" just to have her two puppies with her. They were like stress relievers who knew exactly how to keep her calm. And now that she had a girlfriend she wasn't as worried about it.

But the thought still never went away. Even if her best friends have told her they would never stop being friends for no matter what the reason.

Hunk was a different story. Lance trusted him with every inch of his body and Hunk was the same with him. This wouldn't be the first, or the last, time he's talked to Hunk about Nyma.

Well talk is a kind word. It was more like complaining about her. Even when they were together, she put a constant stress on Lance, driving his anxiety more and more off of a metaphorical cliff that slowly disintegrated under the tires of the van that was his being.

Or like he was drowning and Nyma was the one pushing him under. But he was caught by something. A force that made him do a 180 on live and himself in general.

Keith.

There was just something about him that Lance was instantly captured by. His perfect jawline and flowing locks that were soft as he would run his fingers through it. When he looked deep into his eyes it felt like he was lost in a lavender field, not bothering to try and find a way out of it.

The way he brow furrowed when he was confused or sad, how he sometimes said "y'all" when he was ranting about something, the way he gets insecure about his hands so he insists on wearing gloves. All of him.

And he was all Lance's.

He hadn't realized that through all of his thinking, he had stopped right in front of Hunk's door. "Well..this is is."he thought. He paused for just a moment, taking in a sharp breath. He knocked on the door and contemplated everything he was going to say.

His best friend opened the door moments later, a snails plastered on his face. It quickly dropped once he saw the tear stains on Lance's cheeks, the ones Lance had failed to notice until he looked exactly where Hunk was staring.

He wiped his eyes making them more red. He was about to speak but then he dropped all of it and hugged his best friend. He hid his face in Hunk's chest not wanting to make eye contact.

He wrapped his hands around the thin boys back. Once Lance could feel Hunk's secure arms around him he let it all out. He poured all of the built up tears right then and there. Hunk pulled him into his dorm room and sat him down on a stool in the kitchen.

Before Lance could say anything Hunk began to make a cup of tea for the crying male. It was silent, but a comfortable silence. One that lance knew he was safe and accepted in.

And at the moment, he didn't wanna ruin that.