50 - Escape

ONE YEAR LATER (HBT)

THE ROOM WAS DARK, COLD, AND DAMP. The sound of something dripping could be faintly heard off in one corner. A single lightbulb hung overhead, flickering every now and then as it swung back and forth, providing faint light to the small room. The walls were made of thick stone bricks that were blackened from lack of sunlight and warmth, and the only two windows were covered by thick steel bars.

In the center of the room, directly under the small lightbulb, was a chair, where a woman was tied. A bag was over her head, covering her face, but it was obvious that she had been beaten prior to it. There were bruises and cuts all over her arms, and she was clearly in pain as her chest heaved, and her hands jerked periodically as she tried to free herself.

A door suddenly opened, and a man walked in. With bright red hair, cold green eyes and a crisp shirt and pants, it was clear that the man was powerful, and knew how to use that power. So it was no surprise that he smirked, walking up to the woman.

"This could've been avoided, you know," the man said. "If you had given me the information I needed, you wouldn't be in this position."

"Oh, really?" the woman retorted. "And would that be before or after you asked me to sleep with you?"

The man snorted, grabbing the bag and tearing it off the woman's head. Then, he got right in her face. "You better watch your mouth, Raven," he hissed. "You know I won't hesitate to kill you."

Raevanna lifted her eyes to meet his, glaring at him defiantly. "I'd like to see you try, Killian," she retorted.

Killian stared at her for a moment. Then, without warning, he slapped her hard across the face, whipping her head to the side and causing her to gasp in surprise and pain. As soon as her head moved, however, he grabbed her jaw in his hand and forced her to look at him.

"I most definitely will," he whispered. Then he shoved her head back and straightened up, and as Raevanna glared at him with a lethal look, he went on, "You are a smart woman, Raven. So I must admit I am surprised to find that my men had captured you." He began to walk around her, then reached out and dragged his fingers along her jawline. "But you are also very beautiful. And it's a shame that the Avengers fail to see that in you."

Raevanna jerked her head away from him. "Don't touch me," she hissed.

"Yes, it's quite a shame." Killian smiled at her. "But I will not let that beauty go to waste." He put his hand on her face, ignoring her as she tried to get away from him. "Not in the slightest."

Raevanna growled in frustration, struggling to free herself as Killian leaned closer to her. "Get the hell away from me!" she snapped. "You hear me? Don't fucking touch me!"

Killian still ignored her, brushing his lips across her neck. "You're mine now, faery," he whispered in her ear.

Raevanna's eyes shimmered as her anger boiled. Her eyes turned blood red and then to violet, and violet smoke began to curl around her bound hands. Then, she thrust her hands outwards, the steel chains around her wrists shattering easily as a powerful blast of energy sent Killian flying. Then, Raevanna brought her hands down, shattering the chains around her ankles before standing up, grabbing Killian by the neck, lifting him into the air and slamming him against the wall.

"I don't belong to anyone except myself," Raevanna hissed. Then she threw him aside, tore open the lock on the steel door, and ran down the hall.

Running up a flight of stairs, Raevanna entered the main part of the building. Then, she looked around until her eyes landed on a directory attached to the wall. She looked at it, finding the rooms she was looking for, then nodded once and ran in the direction of the first room.