85 - Ronin

"HEY, RAVEN," NATASHA SAID, CATCHING RAEVANNA'S ATTENTION. "Mind if I come in?"

Raevanna looked up from where she sat on her bed, seeing that Natasha was standing in the doorway, then shook her head. "Not at all. Come in."

The day was nearly over. While Raevanna, Steve, and Tony had decided to stay at the compound with the newly arrived Nebula and Rhodey, Diana, Bruce, and Rocket had volunteered to travel to New Asgard to find Thor. Natasha, however, was getting ready to leave to go find Clint, who, like Thor, hadn't been seen or heard from since the Snap.

Natasha walked forward, sitting down on the bed next to Raevanna. Then she smiled. "Steve told me about the baby. Congratulations."

Raevanna smiled back. "Thanks."

"But..." Natasha sighed, her face growing serious as she glanced down. "That's not why I'm here." She looked up and went on, "I'm headed out to Tokyo, and I was hoping you'd come with me."

Raevanna frowned, confused. "Tokyo? What's Clint doing in Tokyo?"

Natasha sighed again, taking her phone out of her jacket pocket, then tapping it a few times before handing it to Raevanna. Raevanna took it, seeing that it was security footage of a man in dark clothes, fighting what looked like cartel members. Horror flooded through her as the man mercilessly slaughtered at the cartel members, leaving behind carnage in his wake, before silently walking off screen, leaving the mutilated bodies behind.

"Don't tell me that's Clint," Raevanna said, handing the phone back to Natasha.

"I wish I could," Natasha said. "But it is him." Raevanna's eyes went wide, and Natasha continued, "Ever since he lost his family to Thanos, he's been going on a killing spree all over the globe, calling himself Ronin. Rhodey tracked him to Tokyo, so that's why I'm going there. But I want you to come, because..." Natasha inhaled sharply, seemingly on the verge of tears. "I don't think I can do this on my own."

Raevanna couldn't believe it. In all her time in America, she could count the number of times she'd seen Natasha cry on one hand. It was shocking to see her break down now, and it broke Raevanna's heart to see it. So she put her hand on her friend's arm, giving her a warm smile.

"Of course I'll come," Raevanna said. "Clint's my friend, too."

Natasha smiled back gratefully. "Thanks, Raven." Quickly wiping her eyes, Natasha then stood up, leading Raevanna to do the same. "We should get going, before he leaves again."

"Right," Raevanna said with a nod.

The two women left the room, going down to the hangar where the quinjet was. Steve saw the two heading for the large jet, and confusion washed over his face before he jogged up to them.

"Hey, where are you going?" Steve asked Raevanna.

"I'm going with Nat to find Clint," Raevanna replied.

Steve's frowned in concern. "But I thought-"

"I asked her to come with me," Natasha said, cutting him off as she quickly stepped in. "I feel like this might be a two-person job." When Steve still looked concerned, Natasha smiled and added assuringly, "Don't worry, Steve. We'll look out for each other."

Steve's face softened, and he nodded. "Alright. Just be careful." He glanced between the two. "Both of you."

"We will," Raevanna said.

And with that, she and Natasha boarded the jet and took off to Tokyo.

══════════ ◦◦◦✥◦◦◦ ═════════