Come Here

note: for the person who commented 7 on the last a/n, this is what it was! it's kinda short sorry <3

Emma fumbled with her keys to her unit before shoving her way through the door. After a long day at work, she was exhausted, but the fact she had been rained on all the way walking home made it worse. She was a shivering mess, her hair was a frizz-ball and all she could think about was a warm shower.

She walked into the bedroom to find Paul asleep peacefully on the bed. She wanted nothing more than to curl up to him for warmth, but she knew that wasn't the best option considering she was utterly soaked. Emma smiled at him before sneaking past to grab some fresh pajamas and headed into the bathroom.

The water was only lukewarm, but Emma immediately felt more comfortable and less like a drenched rat. Although she didn't like to admit it, Emma was a fan of her curly hair and towel-dried it so it gave her just that. While she was still in the bathroom applying some basic hand cream, she heard movement outside the door.

She paused for a moment and listened. Footsteps approached the door, but no one came in. Paul liked to respect Emma's time in the bathroom but still wanted to talk to her. "Hi Em." His voice was muffled behind the door.

"I'll be out in a moment." She called, and heard him trail back to the bed.

Moments later she heard him move around again, this time not leaving his position. "Emma." He whined. "Come here."

Emma rolled her eyes and smiled. Paul was often needy at night, wanting nothing more but love and affection. "Why?" She teased.

"Because!" He grumped. "I said so."

"Fine, fine." She said, even though the door was still closed and he probably didn't hear her. She grabbed her damp work clothes and tossed them into a heap in the corner before turning off the bathroom lights and opened the door back into the bedroom.

Paul was sprawled over the bed with his laptop in front of him and his dorky glasses slipping down his face. He turned his gaze to Emma and breathed out. "Finally!" He said dramatically, putting his laptop away and folding his glasses neatly into his case. He lay back and patted his hand next to him, signalling for Emma to get in.

"Hello to you too." Emma replied, before joining him on the bed in a similar position, except she lay her head on his arm. "What's up?"

"Just wanted to see my beautiful girlfriend." He smiled down at her and pulled her up onto his lap. "I missed you."

"Awh," Emma snuggled into him. "You're cute. But I'm tired. Can we sleep?"

"Oh, alright." Paul hugged her and nodded, before flipping off the switch to the bedside lamp and pulled the covers over them.

note: this sucks i'm so sorry lmao