I Was Thinking About You

note: this is short but whatever! it's cute, like them <333

After a long day at work, Emma was grateful to be able to come home and flop on the couch next to the person she loved most in the world. Paul wrapped his arms around her and held her tiny body close to his. They simply sat their together silently, the only sound to be heard was their quiet breathing. 

Emma turned her head up to look at Paul. "You're pulling that face." She smiled softly.

Paul's eyes suddenly glanced down to Emma and he raised his eyebrow at her. "What face?"

"What face?" She mocked, still smiling at him like a toddler who just received ice cream. "The face you have when you're thinking about something important."

"I don't not do that!" Paul exclaimed, tightening his grasp around her waist.

"Yes, you do!" Emma laughed gently. "You stare straight ahead with this adorable, clumsy smile on your face."

Paul blushed and tried to look away, but Emma grabbed the side of his face gently and turned him back. "Come on." She said quietly. "Whatcha thinking 'bout?" She asked.

"You'd laugh at me." Paul sighed.

"Nah!" Emma pouted, kissing his cheek softly. "Unless it's really dumb, of course!"

He smirked at her and looked at her straight in the eyes. "I was thinking about you." He replied quietly, giving her a small smile.

Emma felt her heart race and she grinned at him. She moved her legs so she was sitting on top of Paul, and wrapped her arms around him to hug him tightly. "I love you lots." She whispered. "And I'm always thinking about you."

"Me too."