Chapter One

[1]

"I hate you!"

Jade had tears streaming down her cheeks as father slammed the door on her, kicking her out and not allowing her back in.

She started banging her fists on the wooden door as hard as she could, screaming her heart out so her father could hear her. "I hate you! I hate you so much!"

When it became clear that her cruel father wouldn't open the door, she sunk to her knees and started sobbing.

"I hate you," Jade whispered, tears blurring her vision as she let out another choked sob. "I hate you."

She didn't have anywhere to go, anywhere to stay. She was alone.

She couldn't go to Cat's because her parents and brother were home, and the Valentine's didn't exactly like the goth. Not that Jade was surprised, barely any parents liked her. Hell, even her own parents didn't like her.

Going to Beck's wasn't an option, either. They were broken up, and it was very obvious they weren't getting back together any time soon. She didn't necessarily care, though. She had been done with the Canadian for a while now.

Andre and Robbie were out of the question. Sure, she tolerated them enough to call them her friends, but she wasn't going to stay with them and cause them hell when they didn't deserve it.

Tori was also out of the question as well. The goth had always went to the brunette when she had problems, but this time...she couldn't bring herself to cause the Vega's any more stress with her stupid chiz.

So that left her with...no one.

The raven haired beauty sighed, running her fingers through her hair as her sobs began to subside. She stood up, heading down the driveway to start looking for a nice bench to sleep on.

Sure, Jade had an attitude problem. But she had personal problems too, as well as her home life and her mental health. She wasn't in a good state...she really never was.

Ever since her parents got a divorce, her life had fallen apart. Her mother got sent to rehab for being a drug addict, and her father was an alcoholic and got remarried to a twenty-something year old stripper. Her home life was an absolute wreck, and not either of her parents gave a chiz about her.

Her brother was so innocent in all of this, which Jade felt bad about. Evan, her little brother who was only seven, began to think that the cause of their parents fighting was because of him. But it wasn't. It was because of her.

It was always because of her.

Jade sat on an old park bench and choked back more sobs. She couldn't cry. Not because of this.

"Why is it always my fault?" She whispered, bringing her knees up to her chest and wrapping her arms around them. "I never wanted to cause a problem...I just wanted a happy family, that's all I've ever wanted."

The reason her father had kicked her out was because of her never-ending attitude towards him and her step-mother. Yeah, she had been rude maybe once or twice, but to kick her out of her own home because of it? That was messed up.

Flashback

"Get the hell out of my house!"