Chapter Seven

[7]

Freddie kissed her softly, and Jade kissed back, closing her eyes as she melted into the kiss.

The brown-eyed boy pulled away, brushing a strand of hair out of her face as he stared at her, both breathless and silent.

"I can't deny how long I've been wanting to do that," Freddie murmured breathlessly, grinning goofily at her.

Jade chuckled, leaning her forehead against his as she responded, "me neither."

"I think we should try this whole boyfriend-girlfriend thing," he said, pecking her lips again. "If you want to. I know it's sudden, but, its up to you."

Jade smiled. "You really think we could make this work?"

"Well we never know unless we try."

Her smile became bigger as she pulled him in for another kiss, which he eagerly returned.

She wrapped her arms around his neck and his hands were on her waist as they kissed, ignoring the bell that had just rung.

"Break it up lovebirds," a voice chuckled, making the new couple pull away from each other.

The gang stood there, and Tori and Cat giggled, obviously happy for the two. Andre and Robbie smirked. Beck smiled sadly. He was happy for them. He wanted nothing more than for Jade to be happy. Even if it meant letting her go, for real this time.

"Class time!" Cat exclaimed happily, skipping off to her classes and the rest of them parted as well.

Freddie grinned and kissed his girlfriend's cheek, telling her he'd meet up with her later and headed off to wherever he was going.

Jade adorned a big smile on her face.

She finally got what she wanted.

As she always did.

~•~•~

"Dad?"

Blake, Jade's dad, opened the door to his daughter and glared when he saw her.

"Jade."

Then he noticed the boy that she brought with her.

"Who is this?"

Jade looked up at her father, keeping an even look on her face. "I understand that you have kicked me out for good, but I just came back to tell you that you don't have to worry about me anymore." She then looked at Freddie, who had his arm wrapped around her shoulders protectively. "This is Freddie, my boyfriend."

Blake frowned deeply as he looked at the Seattleite up and down. "What are you doing with my daughter? Did she pay you to date her or something?"

Freddie looked up at the man with a cold gaze. "No, she didn't. And you shouldn't be treating your daughter like this."

"Like what?" Blake scoffed. "A whore? Because that's just who she is."

Freddie gently pushed Jade behind him as he took a step towards the man, shooting daggers at him with his eyes. "That is no way to treat your daughter and you know it. She is not a whore, or anything else you say she is. She is an amazing young woman, that hopefully, if I'm lucky, I'll spend the rest of my life with. So stop with the attitude towards her. She will be staying with me from now on, so no need in keeping in touch with her. She doesn't want it and neither do I."