Chapter Four

[4]

"I would never date someone like you," Freddie spat, glaring at the goth.

"Freddie, I didn't even do anything!"

"You're a slut," he scowled, pushing the goth away. "A whore. I don't want anything to do with you."

"Please stop..."

"Get out."

"But- "

"I said get out, you whore!"

A yelp escaped Jade's lips as his hand came into contact with her skin, tears welling up in her eyes.

He hated her.

Jade woke up with tears streaming down her cheeks. She gasped for air, not being able to breathe.

"Jade?" Freddie ran into his bedroom, seeing the raven haired beauty sobbing uncontrollably and pulling her into his arms, rocking her.

"Shh, it's okay, Freddie's here," he murmured soothingly, rubbing her back which caused her sobs to subside a little.

"I-I had a nightmare," she cried, looking up into his chocolate eyes. "Y-You yelled at me and hit me. You hated me."

Freddie frowned. "Jade, you know I would never do that to you."

The goth nodded, burying her face in his neck. "I know. It was just a dream."

Freddie hoped she knew that he would never do anything to hurt her. He cared about her, probably more than he should.

"I think we should talk," he spoke up, causing the goth to look up at him with her big doe eyes.

He tried so hard not to internally melt under her gaze.

"You're kicking me out, aren't you?" She mumbled, wiping her eyes to try and stop her crying. "I knew it."

Freddie immediately shook his head. "No, no, I promise I'm not kicking you out. It's something else."

Jade raised an eyebrow. "Oh?"

The brown-eyed boy sighed, wiping his sweaty palms on his jeans. "When was the last time you've had a boyfriend?"

She gave him a weird look.

"Uh, I mean," he stuttered, trying not to jumble his words. "I'm just wondering, you know. Just a question."

Jade licked her lips, answering, "you remember Beck, right? From Kenan's party?"

A small smile of realization tugged at his lips. "Yeah, I remember him. He's a cool dude."

The raven haired beauty nodded, playing with her fingers awkwardly. "He was my boyfriend...until we broke up, obviously. We broke up two months ago. Turns out we just weren't right for each other."

The handsome techno nerd nodded in understanding. That was the same problem he had with Sam.

"How long were you two together?"

Jade sighed. "Three...years."

Freddie's eyes widened. "Oh. Wow. I'm sorry that it didn't work out."

"Me too."

"You'll find someone better someday," the brown-eyed boy smiled apologetically, placing a hand on her shoulder.

She nodded, smiling weakly at her lap. "I hope so."

After a few moments of silence, she looked up from her lap and up at him. "Was that all you wanted to talk about? My ex-boyfriend?"