Chapter Three

[3]

Knock. Knock.

"I'll get it," Freddie said, standing up and heading to the door to open it.

"Sam? Cat?"

Jade sat up straighter from her place on the couch, looking to see Sam and Cat in the doorway.

"Yeah, now let us in," Sam demanded harshly, and Freddie moved out of the way so they could come in.

Cat immediately squealed when she saw Jade sitting on the couch. "Jadey! Hi!"

Jade gave her best friend a small smile. "Hey kitty."

Sam let out a loud sigh and shot Jade a glare, then looked to Freddie. "What the hell is she doing here? In your apartment?"

Freddie sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose in irritation. "She needs a place to crash for a while. Besides, she's my friend, Sam."

Sam huffed, crossing her arms over her chest. "Fine, whatever. Freddie, I want to get back together."

Cat frowned as she stared at her lap from her seat next to Jade. Jade rolled her eyes and picked her nails, a part of her hoping he would say no.

A small frown formed on Freddie's lips. "I broke up with you, Sam. We're better off as just friends."

"Is it because of her?" Sam asked, jabbing her finger at the raven haired beauty. "Do you like her or something? Is that why you don't want to get back together with me?"

"She isn't the reason," Freddie scowled at the blonde in front of him. "I've already told you, we weren't working out. This whole boyfriend and girlfriend thing just isn't my thing. I don't want to get back together with you, I'm sorry."

Sam averted her gaze to the floor, muttering, "it's fine, whatever. I hope you have fun with your new girlfriend. Cat, let's go."

Cat jumped up from the couch, shot Jade an apology look, then followed Sam out the door.

As soon as the door closed, Freddie began pounding his fists against the walls, shouting things Jade couldn't understand.

"Freddie! Freddie, stop! You're gonna hurt yourself!" She hopped up and ran to him, grabbing his arm before he could hurt himself more, or break the wall.

Freddie looked down at the raven haired beauty, her eyes fearful. He shook her grip off of his arm and left without another word.

~•~•~

About an hour later, Freddie was still cooped up in his room, doing god knows what.

Jade went to his room and knocked on his door, earning no reply.

So she walked in anyways.

"Freddie?" She questioned in a soft voice, seeing the brown-eyed boy curled up in his bed, staring at the wall in silence.

"I'm sorry, about everything," she said. She knew she would be a burden to him. She caused all of this.

He didn't respond.

"I really am sorry," she repeated softly. "I-I'll grab my things and get out of your hair."

Again, no response.

Before she could walk out the door, Freddie spoke.

"What are you sorry for, exactly?" He asked, still staring at the wall opposite of her. "You don't have anything to be sorry about. The break-up between Sam and I had nothing to do with you, so don't listen to her. You're not leaving, Jade. I'm not mad at you, so stay."