Chapter 7

Reed P.O.V

Scarlett hasn't left Johnny since she knocked him out in the hallway. She came running to me telling the whole story about how he shoved he into a wall and she knocked him out. She blames herself for everything, the switching of powers, the anger everything that has gone wrong. She won't forgive herself for anything even if she didn't do anything.

Adelaide has tried many times to cheer her up. She will make drawings and perform things, but it no use. I watch as she suddenly gets up from beside Johnny. She walks out of the room for the first time in hours. She walks to her room and a few minutes later she comes out with a large black duffle bag fill of stuff.

"What are you doing?" I ask her and she walks past me. She walks onto the balcony and flies off with the bag in hand. A few minutes later my phone buzzes on my work table. I grab it and it's a call from her.

"Scarlett." I say to her. I wonder what she's doing.

"I will be gone for a while. Take Adelaide she is safe with you than she ever has with me. Give her my room for all I care. I just want you to know, if you ever need help I am right around the corner. Don't try finding me, you won't." She says and I stand there shocked and looking around. I walk to the windows looking for any sign of her.

"What about Adelaide and the team?" I ask her. I can't believe she is going to leave Adelaide with us. She actually acted like a mother.

"Like I said she is safer with you. For the team, it has always sounded better as The Fantastic Four too. I have left a few thousand dollars in a separate account for Adelaide to be taken care of. This will be better for the team and for you. I can't do much anyway. I've never helped that much. So this is goodbye, brother." She hangs up before I can do or say anymore to her.

I walk around and begin worrying. I then busy myself with the samples she gave me. I work on her blood and I find two things. She has a component in her blood that none of us have or either have heard of. Two she was or is going to die.

I run into a groggy Johnny. He stumbles back and gains his feet. I pull him along and call everyone to the kitchen again this time.

"Where is your sister?" Johnny says looking around the kitchen and walking to a cabinet to grab a glass for water. He fills it up and takes a drink.

"Yeah where's, Mommy?" I hear a voice call from the kitchen door. I look over at the girl sadly. I wonder how she'll take the truth.

"She'll be back later." I say and she turns running out of the room to go play. I look back at the team with sad eyes. .

"All of Sue's result are normal, But Johnny's..." I run off and don't say anything.

"Johnny's are what?" He asks me worriedly. I look over at him.

"Your encounter with the Surfer put your molecules in a constant state of flux." I say to him. It wasn't so bad it just meant he changes powers with people.

"Is it bad?" I knew he wouldn't know what I meant.

"It caused you to temporarily change powers with Sue." I say and he rolls his eyes like he knew that. "I'd like to run more tests and-"Ben cuts me off.

"Want a volunteer?" Ben rushes at Johnny and we all begin to yell.

"No, No, Hey!"

No, no, no!"

"No, no, hey! This is serious!" We all shout at once.

"I just wanted to give him a hug." Ben says and we all know what he wanted.