Chapter 9

Scarlett P.O.V

I take to the skies. Bright blue sky surrounds us. I watch Reed driving them not so far ahead of me. I am close enough to head Ben's deep voice. Johnny flies right next to the flying machine I built.

"Okay, we're now officially enemies of the United State of America. Victor is out there somewhere with unlimited power and we've got a giant intergalactic force that's about to destroy our planet in less than twenty four hours. Did I miss anything?" He says calmly through their headsets. About me, but I left the group anyway. I can't hear what Reed is saying, but I don't care. We fly for a few more minutes and suddenly Victor appears out of nowhere.

"Victor, the board is drawling the Destroyer here. You have to give it up." Reed yells loud enough for me to hear. He has something with him, but I can't see it. I can hear Reed say something, but I can make out the words.

Before I know it Victor is trying to get the others and kill them. The car splits up into three different sections. I can see Sue getting mad as Victor sends bursts of energy at her and flying rocks come at her. I can tell they are all going to make mean comments. Suddenly I see what he is hiding.

Adelaide!

"Let's all go for a spin!" is all I hear before I see rising water and Victor spinning then. I start to get really angry. I mean, I have never been this angry before in my life. He murders the General, insults my family and kidnaps my daughter. I raise my hands and freeze the water instantly and it trapped Reed, Sue and Ben in it.

"Looks like you got someone angry." I hear Johnny say right before I crash through the ice smashing into Victor and Adelaide. Adelaide is flung out of his arms and is flying down and into the river below. I hear her scream.

"Mommy!" I rush after her. She is facing upwards and she can see me coming down after her. . She gets closer and closer to the water below. I push myself faster and right before she hits the water my arms wrap around her. My wings open up and carry us. Tears stream down both our faces.

As I was chasing down Adelaide. Victor finished off his spinning and flung the cars into Japan. I fly us to them following the crowded streets and the way people were running from. I fly and see Victor looking at Norrin.

"Norrin! Catch." Victor says and Sue runs up stepping in front of him. I set Adelaide down and step in front of Sue just as it gets close to her. It goes through my body and sticks in the middle. The silver layer feels like goo against my body. I slowly fall to the ground in pain.

"Scarlett!" I hear all the men shout besides Norrin. They rush over and the pole disappears from my body making me fall all the way to the ground. I hear screaming from Adelaide as she runs up to me. When she sees me she freezes instantly. She slowly walks over and kneels beside me.

"I'm sorry, girlie. You've had to see this so many times in your life and you don't deserve it." I brush hair out of her face and wipe away some of the tears streaking down her face. "No one deserves to see that. You deserve a good family. I was going to adopt you. Make you my real daughter, but I hadn't got the chance." I say and I fall into unconsciousness.

Third Person P.O.V

Scarlett falls unconscious and people stay silent for a minute after what she said. Adelaide's soft sobs are heard and everyone has pity on her. He parents were shot and the person she considered a parent after that, just got stabbed in front of her by a villian.

"He is here." Norrin looks at the sky, breaking the silence. You can heard the rumbles in the clouds above them all.

"Reed?" Ben asks.