Chapter-26

Osman had never been angrier in his life before. How dare she compared him with Azim. Azim who wanted to rape him. So, she preferred Azim over him. No problem with Osman. He would be a husband like Azim for her if that's what she wanted.

She harshly grabbed her arm and violently threw her on the bed.

"What are you doing? Have you become crazy?" Arta screamed looking scared.

"I'm doing what you asked me. I'm becoming like your precious Azim."

"What do you mean? Let me go!" Osman sat on top of Arta, secured her hands under his knees so she could not move.

She was moving to the sides to free herself, but it was useless, he was far bigger and more powerful than her.

"What are you going to do to me? Please Osman, I beg you don't..." before she could finish her sentence Osman grabbed her dress collar and ripped it apart.

"Please Osman, I beg you."

"You prefer Azim over me, ha?"

"No I don't, please don't do this to us."

"Now we are us? Ha? Now tell me who is deceiving who?"

Arta started to cry "Please Osman, I beg you."

Although Osman was angry and heartbroken, he realized that he could never hurt her. Watching her crying was like torture to him.

With a deeply sad and disappointed voice, he said "I'm not like Azim." Then he moved away from Arta and without throwing her a second glance he left the room.

Arta sat up on the bed. She was crying and shaking. Deep down she knew she is going too far with all this, but she could not forget what Sultan told Kabir as well. Also, to her, it was impossible that Sultan wanted to arrange for Osman's second marriage without his knowledge.

***

It was almost dark when Osman came back. Arta was leaning over a cushion on the floor playing with her mother's necklace in her hand, thinking and thinking things over and over again. What if he truly did not know anything? Now she was not sure about anything and felt a bit guilty for her behavior.

Osman came in, briefly halted, and looked at Arta without saying anything. He walked past her and went to the dressing room.

When he passed in front of Arta to go to the dressing room a drop of blood dropped on the polished marble floor. When Osman was out of her sight, she moved closer to examine the red spot, it was blood for sure! But whose blood?

Arta's heart sunk. "Had he killed someone?" that was the first thing that came to her mind and she got worried especially for Abtin. Maybe they wanted to enter the palace and got captured.

She tiptoed and got closer to the dressing room. She stealthily watched Osman taking off his clothes. There was a bloody bandage around his hand, which blood was dripping from.

He made a hissing sound when he wanted to wear a fresh cloth on, he was in pain. Arta was wondering what has happened to his hand.

"What do you want?" Osman asked coldly without turning his head toward Arta.

Arta jumped "um..what has happened to your hand?"

"nothing." He tried to hide his hand.

"Let me see it." She walked in.

"I said it's nothing." His voice was cold and void of emotion.

Arta did not listen to him and knelt in front of him and pulled his wounded hand toward herself. First, he refused to give her his hand but when she pulled harder, he gave up.