Chapter-28

"I would like to come with you today." Arta said when they were having breakfast.

"Why so suddenly? Don't you wanna enjoy yourself a bit as my beautiful wife, ordering around and do whatever you want?" Osman said with his mouth full.

"I grew up ordering around and doing whatever I wanted."

"Oh right. Sorry, I forgot. Ok no problem with me. But I warn you, you may get bored."

"Don't worry, if I got bored, I'll leave."

"Ok so finish up your breakfast and let's go."

"I'm done."

"What? You haven't eaten anything but orange juice. You cannot possibly survive the whole day with an empty stomach."

"Fine!" Arta had enough pressure on her right now, she did not want to argue with Osman and add to her stress level, so she started to eat breakfast. She had made up her mind last night. She was going to get as much as information as she could and send them to Abtin. But only this time and she was going to write to him that she will not spy on her husband again. She was shaking from inside and felt so bad about this, but she knew she had to do something for her people as well otherwise she would feel guilty for not saving Persian's lives for the rest of her life.

After finishing up their breakfast they left for the main palace, where Osman's office was.

"This used to be Abtin's office." Arta murmured when they arrived.

"Did you say something?"

"I said this was Abtin's office. One of our loyal generals."

"Oh, I see. The one that remained until very last second in the palace and defended it. He must be an honorable man. Do you know what had happened to him?"

Arta's heart suddenly sank to the pit of her stomach "How should I know that when I've practically trapped here." She said a bit too sharply and hissed then turned her head from Osman.

Osman approached her "Oh come on, you know you are not trapped here. I'm just worried about your safety. I can protect you here inside of the palace. I don't know what will happen outside if you step out."

"What? You mean my own people might harm me?"

"No, not just your people. We still have lots of enemies out there. I don't want you to get harm." He kissed her cheek and tucked her hair behind her ear "That's all."

A knock on the door stopped them from continuing this conversation and Arta felt relieved.

"Come in." Osman said.

"Oh sorry, we did not know you have a company." Ahmad said when he saw Arta and was about to leave when Osman said "It's alright. Come on in. Today Arta accompanies us. She liked to be more involved in some of the governing tasks."

Obviously, Ahmad did not like the idea, but he did not dare to say anything he just nodded and entered the room.

In the contrary, Samir entered the room with a huge smile on his face "very happy to see you again princess." And he bowed. Arta Smiled at him. He was the opposite of Ahmad, friendly and kind.

"It's really wonderful that you have decided to get involved in the governing tasks. At least we can see you more around." Samir said with an enthusiasm of a child in his eyes. Arta laughed "I'm happy to see you too Samir."

Osman cleared his throat and narrowed his eyes looking at Samir. Samir realized that he had probably overstepped his limits. He scratched the back of his head and walked to where Ahmad was standing shaking his head to the right and left with disappointment.