Chapter-30

"I knew something is going on with her. Now, what should I do? This is huge!" Ahmad said to himself.

He was thinking of a way to tell Osman about what he had witnessed while he was following the servant. The servant changed his clothes and rushed out of the palace. Following the servant in the busy streets of Parseh, he entered a house located in the center of the city and a very busy district.

He did not know what he was doing, and following that person was the only thing he could think of for now.

After a few minutes, another guy came out of the house and disappeared into the crowds. Asking from neighbors he understood that was the servant's house. He decided to go back to the palace and inform Osman about what had happened.

***

"Why are you so serious? What is the rush?" Samir asked while he was running behind Ahmad. They were almost running to meet Osman in his office.

"Just hurry up, you will know."

They knocked and went inside.

"Hi, I was about to leave for the evening prayer. Let's go!"

"I need to talk to you." Ahmad said looking serious.

"Let's have our prayers first then we can talk. Come on we'll be late. People are waiting." Osman said.

Amad shook his head and followed Osman out of the office.

Samir whispered "What is going on?" he was curious to know what is it that had made Ahmad be so serious and not his usual self.

"You will know soon." Ahmad said, Samir shrugged, and they joined the people who were getting ready for the prayer.

After the prayer, Osman was busy talking with one of the generals when Ahmad approached and signaled him that he needs to talk to him.

Osman excused himself and walked toward Ahmad "What is it that you cannot wait any longer?"

"It's about the princess."

Osman blinked as if he did not realize what he is saying "What?"

"I witnessed something which concerns the princess."

"Which princess? What are you talking about?"

"I mean your wife, princess Arta. Let's go to your office and talk."

"What? What is going on? Is she alright?" Osman got concerned.

He was about to leave and rush to their chambers to see if she is alright when Ahmad grabbed his wrist and prevented him from going "she is alright. I just need to tell you something. Can we please go somewhere less crowded."

Samir also joined them "What is going on with you two? What are you arguing about?"

"Let's go to my office." Osman ignored Samir and they went back to his office.

Reaching his office, Osman closed the door "Now talk. What is going on? What is it to do with Arta?"

"Remember a few days ago you did not know why the princess was upset with you and I told you if you want me to investigate the issue?"

Osman laughed "Are you serious? Remember I told you not to do anything and that thing solved? I cannot believe you Ahmad you got me worried over nothing. Let's go now. Arta is waiting for me and I'm so hungry. You can join us for dinner." Osman was about to leave when Ahmad almost shouted "Wait, Osman, hear me out!"

"OK just hurry up!" Osman closed the door again and looked at him confusingly. What was wrong with Ahmad, he had never talked to him like this before.