Drinking games can have benefits

All because I re-found the photo above^ and because I'm bored and yeah.

-Mikey, your local American Idiot/Overcast Kid

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When Mikey left his roommate Pete was playing Halo with his headset on. All Pete did was wave to Mikey as he passed. It wasn't an uncommon sight for the two to either completely ignore each other, notice the others' presence but do nothing about it, or act like their best friends. Sometimes they acted like they were a couple but only to get out of dating people they didn't like. Twenty minutes later Pete got a message from Frank so he said, "One fucking second guys." Joe was starting to reply when Pete started to laugh. Patrick spoke up, "Pete what's so funny?" Pete shook his head even if it did no good then said, "Nothing. I would get killed if I showed you guys." Andy, Joe, and Patrick all sighed as they just went back to their game. As they started another round Pete's phone started to ring. They all groaned but Pete answered in and put it on speaker, "Speak Iero. You're interrupting something very important." Frank rolled his eyes and then said, "Mikey said you 're just playing Halo." All of a sudden Pete heard Mikey yell in the background, "Fuck you, Frank!" Frank chuckled slightly then yelled back, "I rather not fuck you." Pete rolled his eyes as Joe said, "What was the point of calling you if he's not talking to you?" Pete shrugged then muttered back, "Dunno." After a few minutes, Frank says something causing Pete to jump, "Sorry, Mikey was yelling at me about how he doesn't like you even though he does-" He got cut off by Mikey, "No I fucking don't!" Pete blushed slightly, muted his headphones, then mumbled to Frank, "I'll talk to you later." before hanging up.

After the last game, they all said goodbye and left. Pete turned off his Xbox and sat on the couch going through Tumbler. When Mikey came home Mikey was surprised to see Pete staring at the door. Before Mikey could ask why Pete explained, "I got bored and thought 'Hey why not watch the door and wait for Mikey'." Mikey laughed slightly before turning to walk away but Pete grabbed his wrist lightly. Mikey looked at Pete who smirked and said, "Have you always wanted to wear a ballerina skirt or...?" Mikey let out a groan and then said, "Ray dared me to wear it for forty bucks so I did it." Pete nodded and let go of Mikey's wrist. Mikey took another look at Pete before turning and leaving. Pete's phone went off just as Mikey left. Pete let out a small groan but picked up his phone. Mikey lay face first on his bed doing his best to ignore his thoughts. Mikey heard Pete walk past his room and then backtrack. Pete leaned against the doorway and said, "Trying to suffocate yourself won't work Mikey. You can't get rid of me that easily." Mikey laughed slightly and rolled over. Pete sighed and smiled rolling his eyes. God he's going to end up killing me one of these days Pete thought. Mikey smiled back at Pete before saying, "Can I just-" Pete rolled his eyes again, "No." Mikey sighed, "You didn't even let me finish!" Pete started to walk away as he said over his shoulder, "Didn't need you too."

At dinner, Pete and Mikey sat in a comfortable silence that turned awkward when they're hands brushed against each other. To Mikey, it always is awkward him but for Pete this feeling was new. Well not completely new Pete's felt it every once in a while but only for a brief moment in which he didn't even know it happened. Pete tried to ignore it but it came rushing back every time he looked at Mikey. Mikey focused on his plate, his hair covering his face which was good since he was blushing (like normal). Pete cleared his throat and said, "Are you done?" Mikey didn't trust his voice so he just nodded his head. Pete nodded and cleared the table like a gentleman. As Pete did that Mikey got up, muttered a small "Thank you" to Pete and walked into the living room. Mikey sat down on the couch as Pete walked in. He looked at his lap as Pete sat next to him. Pete cleared his throat before asking, "What do you want to watch?" Mikey shrugged, "How I met your mother is fine." Pete nodded and smiled to himself, One thing we can agree on is that TV show. He then turned on the TV and put on How I Met Your Mother.

Halfway through the first season, Pete suggested they play a drinking game similar to the one in the TV show but every time Bareny says "Legend-wait for it-dary! Legendary!" (or any form of it) they drink. During the second season, they were buzzed and about halfway through the third season both of them were drunk (maybe not off their asses but enough to remember and enough to put certain actions into play). Pete started to randomly giggle which made Mikey giggle as well. Pete leaned in and kissed Mikey, knowing he drank only a bit less than him, Mikey kissed back immediately silencing the giggling. When they pulled away Pete grabbed Mikey's hand and they practically ran into Pete's bedroom. Pete looked at Mikey before muttering, "Are you sure about this?" Mikey rolled his eyes, "I'm not that drunk. I'm as drunk as you." Pete nodded.

The next morning Pete woke up so sunlight spilled on his face, he mumbled out a curse before he rolled over and noticed someone was lying next to him. Pete slowly opened his eyes and remembered that Mikey was there. Mikey shuffled slightly and then looked down at Pete smiling. Pete resisted the urge to kiss Mikey but instead said, "How about I make breakfast and coffee and you can do your normal morning routines." Mikey shook his head, "Nope. Imma brush my teeth then help you make breakfast, Wentz. It's the least I can do." Pete smiled, "Okay. I can see there is no changing your mind." Mikey nodded then they both sat up.

During the process of making breakfast Pete almost burnt his hand too many times to count as he tried to show off. When making toast Mikey finally asked the one question on their minds, "What does this make us now?" Pete smirked slightly and jokingly replied, "Fuck buddies?" Mikey rolled his eyes so Pete asked more seriously, "Uhhh Boyfriends?" Mikey blushed slightly and turned slightly to avoid Pete's glaze muttering, "Sure. If you want that is." Pete smiled and responded, "Then MikeyWay will you do me the honors of-" Mikey interrupted him, "Yes. You don't need to do a whole speech ya' know." Pete sighed, "Mikey just go with it." Mikey also sighed but didn't respond so Pete continued where he left off, "Where was I? Oh yeah!- The honours of dating me? Even if you think of me as a dumbass." Mikey rolled his eyes, "I already said yes." With that, Pete kissed Mikey and they went on to make a half-ass good breakfast.