𝐏𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐄 𝐃𝐎𝐍'𝐓 𝐓𝐀𝐊𝐄 𝐌𝐘 𝐒𝐔𝐍𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐄 𝐀𝐖𝐀𝐘

»!«   five years later   »!«

Felix and Seungmin, two members of a five-member K-POP group, were about to walk into a building for a comeback promotion when it happened.

Seungmin stubbed his toe on a low stair.

He cried out in pain, feeling embarrassed as the feeling faded faster than Han Jisung—a really good, really quick rapper—could say, 'I love cheesecake.' He recovered easily and sent his boyfriend a death glare, daring Felix to mention his little incident in front of a camera.

They were going to be interviewed, for the umpteenth time since their debut, about what it was like to be a public, homosexual couple within a K-POP group.

(( Their other three members, Hyunjin, Minho, and Jeongin, were being similarly interviewed in another facility. Of course, the latter video would be about Felix and Seungmin's effect on their lives. No fans knew about Hyunjin and Minho, yet, since their company didn't know how the public would react to Jeongin being alone, the only member not in a relationship with another member. Also, they didn't know how much homophobia the boys could deal with. It was hard enough as it was. ))

The couple barely had time to prepare before the cameras were all focused on them and their interviewer—the one and only Han Jisung, himself.

Not a single one of the three men mentioned their previous encounters, nor the many times that their respective groups had hung out and befriended each other despite a decadal age gap. Chan, Changbin, and Jisung were surprisingly in-tune with recent pop culture, and Felix often was the one who kept them even more up-to-date.

Jisung only gave them a sly grin before nodding at the camera handlers. The thirty-two-year-old resented having to use everyone's stage names, as did the twenty-two-year-olds, but what could they do about it?

"So, Seungmo and Haengbok, you've already answered hundreds of questions about your relationship. These cue cards contain some things we don't know, though. Would you please introduce yourselves, then be open to a few, new questions?"

Felix nodded, speaking for both of them. "Yes, we'd love to, Quokka."

"Step in (the building)! Hello, we are Stray Kids's Haengbok and Seungmo!" Felix and Seungmin chorused before grinning at Jisung.

Jisung played his part of the interviewer perfectly, clapping and cheering in the relatively empty studio. He began to ask some deeper questions than other interviewers in the past had dared to, but Seungmin and Felix didn't resist answering. It was Jisung, their friend, after all.

"It actually began with you, Genius Bang, and Dwaekki. Seungmin—Seungmo, I mean—wrote a short fan fiction... under an account handle I won't specify... on a website I won't specify. Anyway, my comments fascinated him and made him laugh, so we became mutuals. It stayed that way until a few months later, when we started getting close."

Seungmin put up a hand to show he was ready to continue the story. "We were thirteen at the time, by the way. 3RACHA had been around for six years at that point, and we'd both been introduced to them by our respective friends. Haengbok and I were internet friends for about two and a half years before I realized I had feelings for him—for any boy, in general. This was after we'd voice called, exchanged face pictures, and video called. I can go back in my ninth grade diary and pinpoint the exact date I realized I was in love, and that what I felt for Felix was more than I felt for anyone else. Well, except Dwaekki. But he was my idol, so I figured it was different."

"Haengbok," Felix softly corrected.

Seungmin turned to the camera with a playfully ticked-off expression. "Haengbok."

Jisung chuckled and listened intently to the rest of their story, fighting the urge to grin as they omitted him from the telling.

When they finally finished, he glanced at his cue cards. Ask how the company reacted to their coming out during a livestream. The question nearly made him gag; it was so vanilla and generic. He made an 'oh, well' face at the camera before chucking the cards over his shoulder. Felix immediately curled up, moving closer to Seungmin at the loud sound that followed the cards' landing. He had been startled by the noise.

"Looks like you two have something special," Jisung said. "I just really want to congratulate you on this fairy-tale type of love story, though I'm sure it's felt like anything but."

That last part was added because Jisung knew how difficult it'd been for Felix and Seungmin—their whole group, actually—to deal with the amount of hate they'd received. Constant mockery, constant tweets. It never seemed to ebb, and they were internationally famous for it. Or infamous. Or both.

Felix could only nod, silent. "We've had some wonderful people to help us out," Seungmin reassured.

He reassured all of his fans out there, all of his Sunshines. Seungmin had a special nickname for STAYs that none of his other members could use, and it was a nickname that no one knew he reserved for Felix, as well.

However, Seungmin could only call one person 'Sunshine' and truly mean it.

When they got off the cameras and back to their dorm, Seungmin immediately began pestering Felix for attention. And he got just that. The two spent the remainder of their now-free day doing couple-y activities, spending a few solid hours at an amusement park before tiring out and watching a movie together.

But it didn't really matter what they did, because they were together.

And, as they watched the sunset together, peering through a window, Felix couldn't help but kiss Seungmin's cheek.

"I love you, baby," he murmured, resting his head on his boyfriend's shoulder.

Seungmin could only smile softly and whisper it back.

"I love you, too, Sunshine. You make my world so much brighter, and you're the only one for me."

— THE END.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Jinnieeeeefood would like to dedicate this work to FeLiXeU_skzee .

— thank you for being my best friend, nana.

— and thank you for being my sunshine, although we aren't in love (but still married on discord lmao).

— also, i'd like to give a massive thank you to everyone who's given this story a shot and read it.

<3