nine

** Character name change: Samantha (Sammy), Danny's daughter is now Charlotte (Charlie) **

I repeatedly wiped my hands down my jeans, trying to conceal my nervousness. I had met them all before, but this was their Friendsgiving. They had liked me enough to allow Addison to invite me. I can't screw it up.

I couldn't knock on the door, but I needed to, because they were waiting for me.

My hand developed its own brain, knocking on the door. It didn't take but five seconds for the door to open and reveal the most beautiful woman I've ever seen. It was Addison.

I observed her presence, taking in the dress she wore. It looked so good on her. My breathing became difficult to manage.

"Well, don't you look beautiful?" She smiled at me.

I felt the blood rush to my cheek. The sweat returned to my hands quickly.

"Thank you. You do too." I tried to control my voice, without letting it shake.

"Come on in." She moved aside, opening the door for me.

I stepped inside, hearing the voices of other people. Her hand touched my back as if she were guiding me into her home.

"Am I late?" I asked, worry laced in my voice.

"No, not at all." She assured me, as her hand grazed my lower back.

I swallowed, not from the nerves I felt for being with her friends again, but rather from her touch. My body was on fire under her contact.

There's something pulling me to her. I need to feel her touch again. It ignited my soul.

"Tessa!" I heard.

I smiled, turning to see Charlotte running towards me from Izzy, who smiling at me.

"Hi." I smiled at the young girl.

"Hi." She said softly, hugging my legs with her small arms.

When she released me, she grabbed Addison's hand and stood by her side. It made my heart jump at how gentle Addison was with Charlotte.

I turned my focus to Izzy, who opened her arms as she neared me, engulfing me in a hug. I wrapped my arms around her, accepting her affection. It felt so nice to feel this warmth.

"Hey, Tessa." Logan's voice rang.

"Hey." I smiled at her, accepting her hug.

She didn't feel as warm as Izzy did, but hugs didn't come often for me, so I melted into her.

When I released her, I turned to find Addison, but she had her back to me walking down the hall, leaving Charlotte with her dad.

I smiled at Logan, backing away from her and greeting the other friends.

"Have you worked on your proposal?" Danny asked.

"I have, but I still haven't finished. I'm stuck in a writer's block, I think." I told him. It wasn't entirely a lie. I wasn't necessarily experiencing writer's block, I just could only write about one thing and that thing was Addison. I was stuck on her.

"Do you have anything with you now?" He asked.

"In my car." I nodded.

"Can I take a look at what you have?" He requested.

"Yeah, of course." I stood from the couch.

"I'll walk with you to make sure you're safe." He offered.