8 ≻ Tear

My bloody hand was making me dizzy and I could feel myself getting sicker and sicker as I walked behind the vampire in front of me. He avoided every single person in our way but we were still watched suspiciously. Of course a fully covered man and a bloody girl would not be left unnoticed.

After a couple of minutes of walking under the sun we reached a long and deserted alley and he suddenly stopped and turned to me.

"Go in." He ordered me, looking over my shoulder to check nobody was near us.

"But how-" I asked him trying to find a door or some type of entrance.

"NOW." He told me sternly.

I quickly began walking down the alley, looking at both sides of me, waiting for a door or a window. But when I got to the end of the alley, the brick wall in front of me slowly opened and a cold breeze messed with my hair.

I was finally there.

I took a deep breath and went in, completely unaware of what was waiting for me on the other side.

The brick door closed behind me as soon as I was inside, leaving me in total darkness. Suddenly, my bleeding hand was the last thing I cared about.

I was panting for air but telling myself to calm down and not to be scared. I had not crossed an ocean to die now of a heart attack. When I recovered my breathing I just stood there for a minute, but when I finally decided to take a step, a voice called me.

"Still human?" an angry female voice sounded in my ear and it somehow rang a bell.

"Yes," I barely said as I was scared as hell again.

"And bleeding. You're not so smart."

I remained silent with my eyes and lips closed as I pressed my hand to stop the bleeding.

"Follow me." She ordered me and I heard her steps going away.

I took my suitcase and clumsily tried to catch up with her with my hand extended to avoid hitting a wall or something. Luckily, some seconds later a torch illuminated the room and I realized it was not a room, but a hallway.

The figure leading the way was also wearing a black robe, so who she was was still a mystery, although I suspected who might be.

We walked in silence for a long time and I could not help it; I remembered the previous time I had been here, surrounded by vampires taking care of me while others wanted to kill me only.

"Wait here." She told me opening a black door and going in in a blur.

I recognized the door and my heart started to beat faster since I knew what and who was inside. I was taken aback when the girl reappeared and stood in front of me with her red eyes only inches away from mine.

"Ready?" she asked me with an evil smile, showing all her teeth and making me shiver.

I nodded, unable to utter a single word since I now confirmed what I had guessed.

It was Jane.