11 ≻ Not New

Not new

I went to bed that night and my head was about to explode so I obviously could not sleep at all. I was super excited about the Vulturi accepting to turn me into a vampire, but that joy was somehow shadowed by the idea of having Jane taking care of me, as Aro had said. However, after taking a time to think about it, I realised the real reason behind that was not to take care of me, but to watch me and control me.

I felt stupid when I understood why they were doing that. It would have been pretty obvious to anyone that they did not trust me at all. After all, I was a simple human who used to be friends with the only clan of vampires who signified a threat to them.

The rest of the night went on super slowly as I tried to come up with ideas to show the Vulturi my real intentions. But I had to make sure that even though I wanted them to trust me, I would never go against the Cullens. I had a limit and it was clear.

Without a doubt the hardest part of gaining their confidence would be dealing with Jane. I was sure that she would use anything I said or did to ruin my chance to become one of them. So maybe my first and main decision, not to mention the most convenient one, was to get along with her.

Or at least to survive her. No need to say that I had a creepy nightmare that night and Jane was the star of it.

-

I woke up the following day feeling kind of lost. I was supposed to live in that kind of castle along with the bloodiest vampires of all times and pretended it was all normal.

After getting dressed and having all my human moments, I left the room which I would be calling my bedroom for the next days, and began walking through the dark corridors.

I felt even more lost since not only I was the only human there, but living in an underground castle there was not a sign of the sun. Night or day were basically the same thing.

"Good morning, Miss Swan," Melissa greeted me coming out of nowhere and making me jump in my spot.

"Oh! I – hi, Melissa." I said nervously intertwining my hands.

"I'll lead you to the main salon for breakfast. Please follow me."

I did as I was told and after like five minutes of walking, and trying to remember the path, we got to the salon where I had had dinner the previous night. A night I would never forget.

Unlike for dinner, the salon and the long table were almost empty now, except for a tiny figure seated in front of my chair.

Melissa gestured me to come inside and left immediately after. I walked towards my spot and as soon as I sat down, the figure in front of me pulled the big hood back and I sighed in fright.

Jane.

"Eat." She ordered me sternly.

"Good morning," I said in a whisper.

I knew waiting for an answer was in vain because she evidently hated me and the idea of spending time with me, but we had no other option than following Aro's commands.

I ate my Italian breakfast in silence, with a pair of red eyes fixed on every move I made. She did not blink, not even once.