Chapter 1

CHAPTER 1

Sylvia felt her stomach growl as she walked through the deep snow with Brooklyn. They were attacked brutally with fire and ice and she was thrown viciously across the snow and was unconscious for the longest period of time. She eyed the bright full moon above.

Brooklyn had woken her up with her water bending. However, this was only their second quest, and they were only equipped with the most basic fighting styles. Their first quest was with their other closest friends, but the group was split up during the vicious attack.

Brooklyn's healing magic was of stage 1, where it was not very spiritually connected and barely woke Sylvia up, and she was still dizzy from the impact.

There were no Ice Nomads in sight, nor Mr Ng or any other students who went on this quest. They were cold and hungry and there was no fish in sight, except the elephant Koi, which were too big to be eaten.

They spotted a bush nearby, with small berries, barely surviving the cold. Brooklyn picked them off and ate it while passing some to the

Injured Sylvia. The heat from Sylvia melted the ice and Brooklyn bended the water up and poured it onto Sylvia's arm, which had a severe burn mark. Her wound closed up but Sylvia was still in slight discomfort .

As the winds blew harder, they heard yelling. "Doesn't that sound like the attackers?" asked Brooklyn. Sylvia nodded grimly. "We have to move in the opposite direction," she sighed as they began to slowly move away.

The yelling got even more fervent and Sylvia turned around, eyeing the attackers wearily. They had been spotted.

A blast of fire burst out and the two girls, with all their might, flung themselves aside.With a struggling movement of arms, Sylvia blasted a small flame back. She was tired, but she would never back down from a fight.

She jumped and whirled in a circular kick, as flames formed in the air and the huge blast of flame rushed towards the attackers, two were knocked down as the other three continued approaching.

Rocks began flying straight at them and Brooklyn Pulled up an ice wall, deflecting the stones. Sylvia spun again and and pushed her palms out, more flames bursting out.

One attacker blasted a huge burst of water, countering Sylvia's small burst of fire. The two girls were thrown down. Just as the wall crumbled more rocks were flung and Brooklyn opened her vial and bent the water at the rocks, throwing the rocks aside.

There was ice everywhere and Sylvia formulated a plan.

She whispered it to Brooklyn and instantly got into action. Brooklyn pulled the ice from the ground and it lifted up as Sylvia hopped right onto one and flung a blast of fire, and the attackers all tumbled to the side. Sylvia jumped higher as another block of ice rose quickly from the ground, and she landed, having a good balance. She noticed that the platforms were taking Brooklyn a huge effort and the help of the full moon to create, as some were too low and she nearly fell.She fired another burst of fire and it swirled out in the shape of a dragon. This dragon skill was a skill that few at her stage could master. She fell back as she fired it, and it missed terribly.

Brooklyn pulled out a jet of water and caught her before she fell and placed her back onto the raised platform. "DON'T USE THAT SKILL YET! YOU HAVEN'T MASTERED IT YET!"

Yelled Brooklyn.

Sylvia shook off the pain of her own flame on her hand and focused another blast of fire. The attackers eventually gave up, since there was no air bender with them and they had no other way to get to Sylvia, who fired blast after blast of fire as she was raised higher and higher.

"We can't let them get away!" called Brooklyn as the attackers began to run.

Suddenly, stones emerged from the ground and a giant fire dragon swirled around the attackers. Sylvia felt herself slip off the ice due to the heat of the dragon as it melted off the ice platform she was on and was caught by a swirl of water.

As she landed on the soft snow, a tall guy crouched beside her and passed her a bottle of healing water.

He then proceeded to walk over and check on Brooklyn. Sylvia poured the healing water on her injuries.

"Mrs Tan! There are two students from our school here in the snow." the guy who caught Sylvia informed the teacher.

The other guy walked over. "Sorry for blasting you off the ice," he grumbled and hauled Sylvia. She staggered and placed her hands on his shoulders to stabilize.

What have I done- She screamed in her head as her face went red and she tugged her hands away instantly.

Mrs Tan hurried over. "Caden, Dylan, bring them back to the village," she ordered as she pulled some mounds of dirt up and used it to speed across the land.