Chapter 2

CHAPTER 2

Dylan and Caden led the girls towards the village. "It seems awfully quiet here..." piped Brooklyn.

"Strange...Where are all the Water Tribe people?" asked Dylan. "Over here!" a whisper came from behind. "It's probably just the wind," muttered Sylvia. "PSSST OVER HERE, BEFORE THE ATTACKERS GET YOU!" called the voice again, slightly louder. There were footsteps suddenly appearing and Dylan grabbed Brooklyn's hand and dragged her towards the voice while Caden shoved Sylvia into the hole where the voice came from. Brooklyn landed in safely while Sylvia fell onto her face and passed out for a few seconds, and got up to slap Caden's face.

The snow filled the top part up, of the hole, but not falling on them.

There was an old man holding the snow up with his bending abilities. After the footsteps disappeared the old man heaved a sigh of relief. "The attackers have overtaken the city. My bending barely got me out alive . Follow me and I will take you to the rest of the survivors we have left." the old man said while leading us into a cave where the other survivors where There was a healing pond in the middle of the cave where they would swim in when they are low on health or need replenishing.

The water benders eyed the incomers wearily. "We're the students from the school of bending..." began Caden. "I hear something! Children and elders, to the back of the cave!" screamed the old man.

Blasts of air blasted into the cave as the water burst from the ground as walls. There were only about 10 water benders in the mix of about 40 tribe's people.

"We need everyone to work together. Five people do defense, 5 people help put platforms for the fire benders. Dylan, you help me fight them at the bottom," ordered Brooklyn as the air bender attackers fired blades of barely visible air, which barely missed when an ice wall pulled up from the ground and blocked it.

Brooklyn swayed her hands as she bent the water from the pond inside the cave and pulled it out in a thin line. The 'water whip', the most basic water attack. However, it failed and dropped like a puddle back to the ground and she let out a flustered sigh. Just as they were about the retreat, Dylan spread his arms out in a swift movement and the two fire benders blasted the attackers forward.

The ice parted and they all fell into the freezing water. As the water benders of the tribe began to build an ice net , the four students dragged the five attackers from the water and heaved them into the net.

They headed back to the village, all of them, in a defensive stance. Then they spotted the remaining attackers tied together and the rest of the class grouped around them. "That was good," Dylan smiled and patted Brooklyn's head and she smiled back, her face slightly red. They turned when they heard arguing.

"Your fire bending is horrible! Your aim is all over the place, messy," yelled Caden. Sylvia screamed and slapped him back really hard in the cheek.Caden got so mad that he blasted fire into her face and she toppled over. She got up and fury fired back furiously.Things started to get heated. They were throwing flames back and forth and they had a fireball fight.

Brooklyn waved goodbye to Dylan and raced over to Sylvia, trying to strangle her and drag her away. Janice, Layla and Ali appeared from the class and realised the two firebenders were duking it out. They stepped forward to separate them but their eyes never separated as they stared each other down with a flaming spirit within them. Ali effortlessly grabbed Sylvia by the ear and dragged her away with a monotonous look on her face ( as if this happened frequently ). Sylvia screamed and scratched at the air non stop but to no avail.