Chapter 6

CHAPTER 6

"Sylvia, you're partnered with Caden," Mr Ng ordered.

Sylvia choked on her strange mashup of broccoli and honey sandwich mashup that Brooklyn gave to her before leaving on her quest.

"Bleh, it's sour and salty and sweet and bitter. Ew," she cursed as she went to look for Caden. "What are you eating? That's disgusting," Caden stuck his tongue out.

"I used to think you looked mature, you childish jerk," she hissed and punched his shoulder gruffly. "Ow! Cut it out! The avatar probably created slang because of you," he hissed and shoved her backwards.

"You two will go home. Both your parents want to meet you again," Mr Ng sighed.

Sylvia dropped her sandwich. "NO!" she screamed and the hall became silent.

Tears started to fill her eyes. "I don't wanna go home," she snarled.

Caden seemed adamant. "Let's just go, don't you want to pass your test?" hissed Caden. "I don't care. I'd rather flunk my test," she growled.

"Well if you fail I fail!" he scrunched his fist into balls and frowned.

She let out a sigh. "At least it's only 1 week. Just one," she sighed and her eyes saddened as she slowly trailed after Caden.

In about 2 hours they arrived at Capital City, the capital of the Fire Nation. As they arrived at the port, they were greeted by a tall, slightly fat, and heavily lined makeup girl. Sylvia recognised her instantly.

"Caden!" she screeched.

"Adele? What are you doing here?" snapped Sylvia as she stomped the ground and a line of fire burst out and drew a sooty line between Caden and Adele.

"Hey!" she shrilled. "Shut up, we have a mission here, and by the way Adele, love your hair, how did you manage to make it come out of your nostrils like that," grunted Sylvia as she grabbed Caden by the neck and dragged him away.

"Ugh, but you're ugly!" screamed Adele, like a spoiled little girl."Look, I'm an acquired taste. And if you do not like me, acquire some taste," snapped Sylvia, turning and flinging a ball of fire straight at her.

"You're cute when you're mad," laughed Caden. "Well you're about to see me be freaking adorable," she snapped and stormed right over to her house, inside the highest platform of Capitol City, where all the politicians live. The generals, like Caden's father, lived in the royal palace. There were fire ferrets scampering around when one sniffed her foot.

"You're so cute! You wanna come with me buddy?" she asked.

The little ferret climbed onto her shoulder and rubbed its muzzle against her face and she grinned.

"I'll call you Flame," she said. Flame made a small burping sound of happiness.

"What the heck? You could have gotten a pet Bear, but you chose this little lump of fur????" snapped Caden.

Flame leaped off Sylvia and onto Caden and began to screech demonically and puked onto Caden. "OH MY GOD!" he screamed as the little ferret chuckled to itself and climbed back onto Sylvia and stole a small piece of honey broccoli Sylvia had on her sandwich, which somehow she still had???

Flame even liked the strange taste.

As they arrived back into her house, she was greeted by her brother, Max. "Sylvia, you're home. Mother and Father want to meet you, they're inside. And you must be Caden, come with me," he ordered.