Chapter 5

CHAPTER 5

"Please be Lukas, please," prayed Ali quietly. She only had, like, the biggest crush on him ever. Lukas was handsome and bright and she loved everything about him.

However, he just despised her. He found her annoying and also liked to push her away. However, she was determined to earn his feelings.

She checked her name and she couldn't believe her luck. 'Oh my god it is really Lukas," she squealed and turned, bumping right against Lukas' chest.

"Mr Ng can I please change," he growled in annoyance. "WhAt nO," Mr Ng said. He knew about Ali's crush and was a huge shipper of it.

"Mr Ng please," he sighed in annoyance. "Hey, at least you're going with Sabrina and Thomas," Mr Ng grumbled.

Thomas was the guy who liked to stalk Ali as everyone knew it. "Sabrina??? Ugh," Ali hissed quietly to herself.

"You will go to Ba Sing Se to deal with the recent outbursts of thieves," sighed Mr Ng. He seemed disappointed.

They headed over to the Flying Bison Stand and not long later they reached, as the Earth Kingdom was closest to the Republic City.

As they arrived, Sabrina let out a shrill. "Oh please, we can act like we did the mission as my father is part of the miniature government in Ba Sing Se and can pull some strings. Let's go shopping Lukas!" she shrieked.

Ali looked at them. "Are you kidding me?" she growled, her eyes darkening. Thomas, a water bender, seemed excited. "I WANT TO GO WITH ALI," he yelped like a little kid. Ali ignored him. "What makes you think a small governor of Ba Sing Se can pull the strings?" she asked, her eyes narrowing in fury.

"Like you're anything. All you want is to be with Lukas," Sabrina chuckled. "Oh wait, but he's mine," she giggled. Ali felt her face burn and she stomped off.

She dived into an alley that she knew pretty well. Unbeknownst to this stupid Sabrina, Ali was the daughter to Moku, a powerful general in the Earth Kingdom. Moku was a great mother but because of her duties she was never really free so Moku would send Ali and her brother Akoni to Ba Sing Se to practice Earthbending, and she never really met her father, Utgard. She knew Ba Sing Se so well she could walk around blindfolded.

Suddenly, she felt a tap on her shoulder and she whirled around and shoved the guy down. "Ow!" Lukas yelped.

"Oh my god I'm sorry," she gasped and pulled him up. "Why'd you run away? Don't you want to relax like Sabrina?" he asked panting. "No, my mother, Moku, would never be okay with it," she sighed and rubbed her temples.

"Well, since we're just waiting for thieves to spring out, you know somewhere good to eat?" Lukas asked.

"Can we go to Le Nu? It's a pretty good shop, even though not many people go, because it is hidden in the damp alley at the farthest end of this town," she said. He nodded. "If it makes you happier," he said and grinned.

Her face turned red instantly and she looked away. Hurriedly, she brought him down to the shop and was greeted with three familiar faces.

"Aunty and Uncle Qing! And oh my god have you grown since I first met you when you were 4! Hi Gabe," she laughed and patted the young 8 year old, who wrapped her in a warm hug.

"How is Republic City, have you met Moku anywhere?" asked Aunty Qing. "Wait, I didn't believe you when you said High Tier General Moku of Ba Sing Se and the Palace was your mother but even she said it was woah," Lukas gasped in shock.

"Aha, yes she is. By the way, is this your boyfriend?" asked Uncle Qing. "UH-" Lukas was cut off by Ali. "No he isn't," she replied quickly.

"Come sit down and I will prepare your favourite. Level 2 curry rice, even though this is a noodle shop," laughed Aunty Qing as Gabe sat beside Lukas.

The little boy was so excited. "You're an Earthbender too right?" he squealed in excitement.

"Haha yes," he replied with a warm smile.

"Can you teach my school bullies a lesson?" he asked.

Ali's eyes narrowed. "School bully?" she pressed. "I don't wanna bother you Big Sister Ali but I'm sure Big Brother here would be of great help," Gabe explained. Lukas nodded and suddenly a few boys were outside yelling.

Gabe tried to bend a stone upwards but failed and he looked at Alia dn Lukas for help. The boys were obviously the bullies, but they looked 18. "Why would 18 year olds pick on an 8 year old?" snarled Ali as she trudged out furiously.

"Oh hello pretty girl," one of the guys said. Ali rolled her eyes and stomped her foot onto the ground as a huge piece of solid rock burst from the ground and knocked one of the 5 guys onto the ground.

The other guys looked horrified and the boy knocked over and ordered them to circle.

Ali rolled her eyes again (maybe she could find her brain back there idk) and proceeded to stomp on the ground five quick times as five rocks spurted out and into the air. The five boys pulled up small stones and fired it straight at her and she pushed her palms out, controlling the five well aimed stones to fly out and slam against the boys as she quickly pulled her hands up and the small stones were halted and dropped onto the floor like tadpoles.

She pulled one hand to her waist level and scrunched it into a fist as rock trapped the boys in place.

"Don't ever touch Gabe again, or it will be way worse than now," she snapped as she headed back in to eat her rice.

"I didn't even need to go! Seems like I underestimated you," laughed Lukas.Her face flushed in scarlet red.

After eating peacefully for awhile, a huge burst of water smashed right through the roof of the shop beside Le Nu noodles. Scream burst out among everyone and even Thomas and Sabrina were there.

"What happened?"

A female and a male were lying on the ground. "Move aside for the Earth Doctor now!" called out Aunty Qing. "Yun Seng, are they fine?" Uncle Qing asked fervently.

"They're alive...but they fell from a great height," hissed Yun Seng, calling for people to bring people back to the clinic.

"What happened to them?," Ali muttered. A strange feeling of fear washed over her.