Why?!

"Asia? ASIA!"

I ran over to her, there she was, lifeless and bloody. I cried while looking at her. Her face was in a paralysed void of constant shock and she didn't say anything. I looked at the police officer with hate and anger. "WHY DID YOU SHOOT HER!" I screamed. "Because she had a weapon!" The officer yelled back. "IT WAS CHEWING GUM! ASIA WAS REACHING FOR CHEWING GUM!" I cried out. The officer ran to the car while I was a mess on the ground. "Crap." He muttered under his breath. Then I saw him reach into his pocket for a phone and he called for an ambulance. I was still crying.

(20 minutes later)

They put her on a stretcher and Asia got rushed to hospital. Her mum was there in the ambulance crying. Before Asia and her went to the hospital, she screamed at the officer but he didn't really pay attention. I could see how much Asia's mum wanted to slap the officer, but that would just make the situation worse. Asia's mum then came up to me and comforted me before going. So there I was, sitting on the pavement bawling my eyes out. The officer had already left and the only people here were paramedics. I then saw a doctor come up to me. "Okay darling I'm going to ask you a few questions about yourself and then you will be able to go home." The doctor told me. I sniffed a response. "Okay, your name?" She asked me. "Tiffany. Tiffany Edwards." I replied. "Your age?" 

"16."

"Victim's name?"

"Asia!" I sobbed. I could feel the pats on my back from the doctor. It didn't make me feel better. Eventually I got home, my mum and dad rushed to hug me. They asked me if I wanted anything to eat or drink and with tear stained eyes I said no. I just went to my room to go to sleep. I was exhausted after what my mind had witnessed. Afterwards I flopped on my bed and cried. I wanted Asia. Everything had been ruined. All because of a stupid party. Then I thought, wait no. It wasn't the party's fault. It was the racist cop. Why didn't I realize before? It's probably because of this whitewashed world we live in. 

Then I realized,

one, I have PTSD now. I think.

and,

ACAB

I hate cops.