Peeta's POV

THE SECRET DIARY OF PEETA MELLARK- THE BOY WITH THE BREAD

 It has been really odd, living with Katniss. She's beautiful, mysterious, angry, hurt, kind, and a mix of everything. Sometimes I catch myself staring into her lovely eyes and lose myself...

Ever since I saw her at that meet and greet, I knew that I would not be able to live the same if I didn't see her again.

And hey, I know what you're thinking. You're thinking that I did that on purpose, and I stalked her. And I'm being totally honest, Finnick and I were lost and just happened to enter that diner. If everything goes well... that might have been the best decision I've ever made in my life.

So, I have composed a poem in hopes of capturing her beauty because my drawings look like fanart of a twelve year old.

Oh, fairest maiden Katniss

Thou soul is beautiful

Thou eyes take my breath away

Thou hair is like waves of chocolate

Thou heart is damaged yet kind

Art thou in love with that of mine?

I am very proud of this poem. One day, I will show her this and she will be blown away.

Good bye for now.

I was barely able to find my way to the guest bedroom where Finnick still slept, tripping over the invisible furniture in my way. Something I learned; I don't do well in the dark. I don't know how, but I was able to find Finnick's room and flip on the light. I was greeted with a slight groan.

"Turn off the light," he said, stuffing his face into his pillow, muffling his comment.

"No," I said. "I need your help." Finnick turned around and looked at me, only half awake. I sat on the edge of his bed.

"What?" He asked groggily. He fluffed up his pillow and propped it at a slant against his bed, sitting up and staring directly into my face. "This better be good."

"You know the song I wanted to write for Katniss?" Finnick nodded. "Well, I have some lyrics in mind.

"You do know Gale is going to be gone for three months, right? He won't hear it for a while, he won't learn it for even longer, and we won't perform it for double that." He looked at me unconvinced.

"Oh damn you, idiot. Can't you just listen to what I have?"

"Fine." Finnick's guitar was resting in the far corner near the closet, something I hadn't realized he had brought. I unlocked the case and set it across my lap, strumming the keys lightly before beginning.

"I used to believe in love;

One day it was all taken away.

It's hard to keep going at first;

But romance isn't a game.

I thought it was all a lie,

until I looked into your beautiful eyes.

They concealed all my fears;

I forgot about my tears,

And I knew you were the one for me.

You control the strings to my heart.

You are what keeps me going.

It wasn't until then that I thought it wasn't true.